Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btpoole
Channel Surfer

Re: 2 ROKU2 BOXES-DIFFERENT RESULTS

Ok update. Boxes same, same firmware. Same package on all boxes. I run the package on a box getting service from Comcast script does not execute. Change the box to get service from wireless hotspot or a dsl provider and package runs. As stated earlier, I can change the Instr point from 225 to 221 and it will run on the Comcast connection. The script was developed using a dsl connection and works with the wireless hotspot connection also. Would the Comcast connection be altering the return of the GetToFile in some way?
Thanks
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 2 ROKU2 BOXES-DIFFERENT RESULTS

It kind of sounds like it's getting modified somehow. I assume you've tried to print out the file, or at least the start of it? If it could be some kind of non-printable stuff, I'd read the file in to a byte array and print out the first several bytes to see if you can figure out what's getting added/modified by the Comcast connection. Something like:
ba = CreateObject("roByteArray")
ba.ReadFile("tmp:/myfile")
for i = 0 to 10
print ba[i]
end for

For what it's worth, you'd probably be better off using a regular expression to extract the URL. It would be more flexible and wouldn't depend on some fixed offset.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos