Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
destruk
Binge Watcher

1080p Branding?

If I remember way back to 2011 or 2012, when you played a video with rovideoscreen it would show dots, and a branding logo like HD or FULLHD for 1080p.
On a roku 3 today, I can't seem to get the FULLHD branding logo next to the dots anymore - was it removed?
I've tried it with the new "Streams" metadata as well as the old setting content qualities/bitrates and urls with this metadata - also tried changing the contenttype from episode to movie but it doesn't show up.

item.StreamQualities=["HD"]
item.StreamBitrates=[2401]
item.StreamUrls=["http://serverurl/HD.mp4"]
item.StreamFormat="mp4"
item.HDBranded=true
item.FrameRate=24
item.ContentQuality="HD"
item.FullHD=TRUE
item.Framerate=24
item.isHD=TRUE
item.ContentType="movie"

The roku is set to 1080p, and the TV is connected with HDMI - and it's loading the correct stream as it's the only one specified - and it plays - just how could I tell if it's downsampling the 1080p source to 720p and then upsampling it, or if it's actually showing it at 1080p ?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
adrianc1982
Visitor

Re: 1080p Branding?

item.FullHD=TRUE

is this working for you?

im developing with a roku 2 xd, and the resolution always stays at 720p

havent checked the specs but is the xd locked at 720p?
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: 1080p Branding?

I remember it worked on roku1 in 2011 or so, because we made a demo to show to clients which showed the 1080p/fullhd branding.
Fullhd=true is included in the code already and no, doesn't seem to do anything different.
I was going to check the 1080p showcase channel but roku made them replace their code with 'this channel has been discontinued' - so...
0 Kudos