Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2112ricky
Reel Rookie

wifi voice remote connection after reset, stuck on pair remote screen

so couple month ago purchased a roku stick all worked good for a couple of weeks, batteries were draining very quickly and suddenly that remote stopped working. put new batteries still that remote didnt work. so i figure to buy the recheargable one, worked maybe a month. now i have charged it, roku was disconnected from wifi so cant use the app. roku was reset so now stuck on the pair remote screen. with a remote thats is maybe a month old and wont pair. no way to pair this? this is so dissapointing 

X01700R92T8R

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: wifi voice remote connection after reset, stuck on pair remote screen

Because the Roku device must be connected to the same network as the smartphone.  And even without a WiFi/internet connection, the app on the smartphone will add confusion.  About two days ago I’ve previously suggested downloading the app on a similar thread to this one, but that was a weird suggestion that I made and I was, in fact, confused at the time.  It will obviously do you no good if your Roku is not in the same network as the smartphone.

I’d recommend a replacement physical remote somewhere on eBay, Amazon or Walmart.

@Tivoburkee is knowledgeable with remotes of any kind, and can help you in this situation.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
2112ricky
Reel Rookie

hi thanks for the reply, but that is what i have, i had the original remote which stopped working, then purchased the more expensive one rechargeable voice, and it happens again in maybe a month? is this normal? should i jave to buy a remote every other month just to get it to work? this cant be right. it is basically a new remote why cant i just re-pair this one?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@2112ricky, does the green light on the remote start to flash when you press and hold the pairing button on the back of the remote?

When I've had issues getting a remote to pair this procedure has always worked for me:

• Disconnect the power from the Roku device you're trying to pair the remote with and any other Roku device in the vicinity that may interfere with process
  • Press and hold the pairing button on the back (or in the battery compartment) until the light starts to flash
  • Put the remote down next or close to the Roku device
  • Connect the power to the Roku device and say a litter prayer that it pairs once the Roku finishes booting

One other thing, if you're using the TV's USB port for power and not the supplied USB power adapter use the supplied power adapter.  An underpowered TV USB port can cause all kinds of strange problems.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos