Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: the green light on two of our remotes won’t stop flashing

@thhammersley 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sp005
Reel Rookie

Re: the green light wot stop flashing

If you own a TCL, don't waste your time responding to this thread like I did.  The problem is the Roku branded remote, the same exact problem everyone in this thread has and instead they point me back to TCL.

"Hi, Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing. Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.  You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at  1-877-300-8837. Thanks, Danny"

The TV is 2 years old so it is out of warranty and the problem is 100% a problem with the Roku remote that came with the TV.  I solved it by unfortunately having to buy another universal remote from Roku.  If it was a problem with the TV then why would this have worked?  I also bought a universal IR remote, so that next time this happens I have a back up.  This will make me think twice about buying a TV with a built in Roku next time.  Maybe GoogleTV or FireTV.

pstrott

I'm trying to pair my new remote and the pairing light just flashes but the buttons don't work. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@pstrott

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TammyM

I have a new device that has been sitting in the box because I couldn't get the remote to pair with the stick. It is new and never used. My bedroom roku just stopped working with the one I had in there. I switched it out to try it on my TV. Still not working. I tried all the reset options several times. Does not work. I have tried 2 different remotes and they aren't working with this stick. Now, I have 2 devices that don't work and one never worked. I'm extremely frustrated. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @TammyM

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're running into.

When using a Roku Streaming Stick that can be connected directly to an HDMI port on your TV, wireless interference from the HDMI connector may impact the performance of your remote. We would recommend moving it away from the HDMI connector on your TV by installing a free extension cable.

When inputting the serial number on the form, make sure to put zeros instead of the letter O. Please note as well that serial numbers usually start with the letter 'Y'. You can check your device serial number from our website under 'My linked devices'. 

Let us know if this works for you!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
geo4me

It seems a lot of folks have experienced this problem, i.e., green light immediately & constantly flashing as soon as batteries are inserted into the remote.....and it does not pair. At this point there must some solution that can be posted for we users to try. I almost pressed the "order button" to purchase a new voice remote but based upon what other people are saying, a new remote does not solve the problem either. Hey Roku, can you be a little more forthcoming on this issue?

BTW, I have a Roku Streaming stick.

You know, if I just took my voice remote to the park together with a bag full of batteries, I could sit there for days watching the rapid green light flash away while it drained the batteries.

Some help here, please!

Brianm5150

Remote won’t pair, green light continues to flash and remote won’t do anything except turn tv on and off. 
all was good two days ago. Then I turned on the tv and it was on the start up screen to pick a language. I followed all the steps to connect to internet. Kept getting error code 14-40. Wouldn’t connect. So I unplugged and rest things. Still no connection. So I replaced batteries in remote again. Hard rest the roku and the same thing. No connection. Won’t let me goto home screen. 
now today I try it again and nothing. Remote won’t pair. This unit is only 2 months old 

any help?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Brianm5150

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:
Fix your remote
Set up or fix your internet connection

If you are still unable to resolve the issue,can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mspicer534

I'm having the same issue Please help

0 Kudos