Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku remote won’t pair-blinking green light

@leslieseaton 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here: 
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bl2

Re: Roku remote won’t pair-blinking green light

I have the same problem. Please advise.

0 Kudos
SteveF1
Reel Rookie

ROKU enhanced remote pairing issue

Hi there

i have a ROKU streaming stick Model 3810x, serial number C1381A774401, the batteries required changing as there were indicating low on the screen.  I can no longer pair the remote, as soon as I put the new batteries in the green pairing light continually flashes but does not pair.  I have gone through all of the recommended troubleshooting options with no success.  What do I do next as we cannot watch our usual TV channels without the ROKU remote working.

regards

Steve

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU remote issue

@SteveF1 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps offered on our Support page here:
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue after following the troubleshooting steps provided, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
leslieseaton
Reel Rookie

Re: the green light wot stop flashing

@RokuDanny-R 

[personal information removed]

2LA555023615

It won’t pair with my Roku remote no matter what. Once I put in new batteries the green light starts flashing before I can even press the pairing button. I bought 2 new remotes with same exact issue for them. 

I can only control my Roku through my phone and have to unplug my roku every time I want that to connect. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@leslieseaton 

Thanks for your information.

For future reference, when providing personal information, please send it through a PM. We highly recommend not posting personal information in a public place.

Please be aware that we no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sp005
Reel Rookie

I just sent a PM to Danny with our details.  Tonight our Roku voice remote stopped responding. We found the pairing LED would always flash. Tried every troubleshooting step multiple times. 3 times it claimed to be upgrading our remotes firmware, but then failed to eventually pair.  The batteries were new, and checked with a multimeter. The app controls the TV without issue, but that isn't going to be a long term solution for us. We never had any issue before tonight.

This issue came up all of a sudden and it appears that I am not the only who has experienced it. I have have multiple posts here and other places like reddit where others are reporting this. I hope some recent SW update didn't introduce it.  Our TV is a TCL 65R617. The remote is a Roku voice remote model: RC222.

Remote Firmware Version: 2.01.19.108

Our TV Software Version: 9.3.0 Build 4194-30

0 Kudos
thhammersley
Reel Rookie

the green light on two of our remotes won’t stop flashing

I am having the same issue. Two of our remotes just stopped working and won’t re-pair. As soon as we place the batteries back in, the green light keeps flashing and it won’t connect - for two of our TVs. We have tried all troubleshooting on website. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: the green light on two of our remotes won’t stop flashing

@thhammersley 

Thanks for the information.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
thhammersley
Reel Rookie

Re: the green light on two of our remotes won’t stop flashing

Danny, how do I send you a PM? Thanks, Tami

0 Kudos