Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jessica_xo

the green light wot stop flashing

My Roku randomly froze so I shut the tv off and back on at that point the remote stopped working so I tried putting new batteries in the remote but the green light won’t stop flashing and now the remote does nothing at all

0 Kudos
31 REPLIES 31
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: the green light wot stop flashing

@Jessica_xo 

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide us with more information? What Roku model device are you using?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sashley17

I’m having the same issues.  I first lost the volume and power button, but when I went to re-program, it now says it doesn’t support my Philips TV, which I’ve had connected for almost 2 years now.  The green button won’t stop flashing for me and now nothing works.  It’s a RC-AL2.

0 Kudos
leslieseaton
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue. Our remote just stopped working and won’t re pair. As soon as I place batteries back in the green light keeps flashing and it won’t connect. I have tried all troubleshooting on website. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@leslieseaton 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue after checking out the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Same with my remote—continues to flash.  I was installing CBS app and Roku Ultra locked up and the problem started there. I tried rebooting Roku and took out and reinserted the batteries.  Six hours later, the batteries on the remote were dead and I replaced them only to try setup another 20 times with no avail. And the remote just keeps flashing.   
Roku Ultra Model 4670x. Sn kw99a3241396

Help!!   RLM

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Richardlmiller 

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
soualline

Yes I have the same issue, lost volume first and no matter how many times I reboot, replace, or go through the steps to pair the remote it will not work. I have reboot the wifi, disconnected the Roku, took out batteries and put them back in so many times now and still a blinking light and no pairing occurring.

Device serial number is: C337AH157633

Do I just need to replace the roku device? Will this resolve the issue? Or will the new roku if replaced not work due to the one on my account?

Sylvia 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@soualline 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
leslieseaton
Reel Rookie

Roku remote won’t pair-blinking green light

I have been trying to get my remote to pair for a month now and due to Roku not taking phone calls for support nothing i have read or done on the support site is working. I have even bought a replacement remote and it won’t work either. I can only use the app on my phone to control it. 

When I insert batteries in the green blinking light starts and it doesn’t EVER stop but it also never pairs. This happens before o can even press the pairing button. 

I have unplugged my roku so many times to start fresh and that doesn’t work either. 

help!! 

0 Kudos