Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoeDeb23
Channel Surfer

Re: slow death of 3 mo. old remote-tried all to revive-how to contact roku folks?

Jump to solution

This is the last time I will bother anyone. Since March 7 I have been trying to get this resolved, but even though they tell you there going to send you a replacement remote, they don't, and then they send you an email telling you that your complaint has been resolved, will you rate us on our service. Nothing has been resolved, and one customer representative had the sense and saw 2 different tickets for me and sent me another email that things have been resolved, maybe there talking about something else. But here I am after doing everything Roku told me and still no remote. I just need to give up and go back to the fire stick..

0 Kudos
JoeDeb23
Channel Surfer

Re: slow death of 3 mo. old remote-tried all to revive-how to contact roku folks?

Jump to solution

Forget it.

0 Kudos
JoeDeb23
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mary, you were one of the people who sent me an email tying both my tickets for the same thing and said you would take care of it.. Still waiting since March 7 for the replacement remote.
Thanks Joe

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JoeDeb23,

Saw your post!

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter and we are working on ways to better improve this process. We understand that you are inquiring about the status of your remote replacement. 

We can see that you’ve been in contact with our Support team regarding your RMA ticket. Rest assured that we’ve escalated your RMA support request. Please keep an eye on your email, a member of our support team will be in contact.

We will forward your valuable feedback to the concerned team. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

Best regards,
Mary

JoeDeb23
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have finally received the replacement Remote, and so far so good. It looks  different than what I had, looks like my other basic remote but able to control power and sound. It's been about 10 days and although that doesn sound like much, it's awesome since my batteries were lasting at most 3 to 4 days, and I only Used them at night when I went to bed. So Thank You

0 Kudos
Amelia70
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Still amazing that the remote not holding a charge is still a big problem . After a big battle 2 years ago roku replaced my remote but I own 4 of them and this problem has been ongoing for more than 3 years at least. It’s the new 4k remotes with and without ear plugs that are the problem for the streaming sticks. My older non 4k without any voice is still good after 5 years or more. 

Shame on roku for not fixing this problem permanently. 

0 Kudos

Re: Roku remote draining batteries and now not working

Jump to solution

Hi Amy Roku Srick is drain the estreites after 2 or 3 days. using non rechargeable batteries, trying all fix posts and using a wall usb power (not tv one) 

Stick Streaming 4K - 3280x

X0170008K9R6.

please contact me via email to solve this asap 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @wagnerdutra,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We regret hearing about these remote woes. Please be advised that we have passed along your concern to our Support team. They will reach you from there.

Please don't hesitate to get back to us if you still need a hand or anything else that we can further look into.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cheribn

Jump to solution

How can support be received for this same issue! This is ridiculous to replace batteries every few days and continuing having to purchase a new remote every  few months AND not to receive support! This is extremely frustrating and expensive, not worth supporting your product if your customers are not worth your time!!!!!

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Cheribn,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about your experience with the Roku Remote. This is not the experience that we aim for. To clarify, you have tried all the suggested troubleshooting steps here: Fix your remote. If you still have no luck after the steps, kindly send us your Roku device serial number with which the remote is paired. Its serial number is printed on the bottom or back of the device.

Once we have this information, We'll be able to pass it along to our Support team, who can assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos