Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jillprock
Binge Watcher

Roku remote draining batteries and now not working

Jump to solution

Tried the fix's Express 4K+ bought in Dec. 2022 kept draining the batteries. tried the fix's with no results - Just popped out the batteries. Slowly everything else stopped working. Tried pairing and all troubleshooting suggestions.  Now it's dead even with new batteries put in twice just to make sure. How do I  contact someone at Roku to get a replacement?  FYI switched to Roku from Dish, yes a few glitches but still SO MUCH BETTER!  Could someone tell me how to contact a person at Roku?  Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: slow death of 3 mo. old remote-tried all to revive-how to contact roku folks?

Jump to solution

Hi @jillprock,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We appreciate you letting us know about this battery issue with your Roku remote, Not to worry, we're going to assign a member of our Support team to reach out to you via email. They will be assisting you from thereon.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: slow death of 3 mo. old remote-tried all to revive-how to contact roku folks?

Jump to solution

Hi @JoeDeb23,

Saw your post!

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter and we are working on ways to better improve this process. We understand that you are inquiring about the status of your remote replacement. 

We can see that you’ve been in contact with our Support team regarding your RMA ticket. Rest assured that we’ve escalated your RMA support request. Please keep an eye on your email, a member of our support team will be in contact.

We will forward your valuable feedback to the concerned team. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jillprock

Thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear about your experience with the Roku Voice Remote. To clarify, you have tried all the suggested troubleshooting steps here: Fix your remote. If you still have no luck after the steps, kindly send us here your Roku device serial number to which the remote is paired. Its serial number is printed on the bottom or back of the device. 

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
JoeDeb23
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Don’t Bother, all they do is dance around and keep you on the phone for more than an hour talking about everything of my Roku 4K stick, I tried everything along the way. The batteries go dead in a max 3 days, you read in the forums that they are working on a fix and then at the end “OOPS YOUR REMOTE IS ONLY COVERED FOR SIX MONTHS. Go out and buy the $30 plug in remote. I have 3 Rokus and will be going back to Amazon

0 Kudos
jillprock
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Sorry for the delay in response, just got out of hosp. yesterday.  Thank you so much for responding to me. I did follow all the suggestions, steps etc. and it still won't work. I paired my Roku 3 remote with very limited use for now just to get by.  The serial number is 3226001238. Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jillprock 

Appreciate the response.

Could you provide us with the serial number of your Roku device associated with the affected remote? This can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jillprock
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It's S07P428ENMME: the serial number for the Roku device, Roku Express 4K +

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jillprock,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We appreciate you letting us know about this battery issue with your Roku remote, Not to worry, we're going to assign a member of our Support team to reach out to you via email. They will be assisting you from thereon.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
jillprock
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you so much!!!

0 Kudos
Joe9523
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I talked to Roku again and was told a new remote would be sent out. That was over a month ago, just text with them today and was told the remote had shipped, I don’t know when, but they said I would receive it in a couple of days. We will see. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Joe9523,

Thanks for the update about the issue with your Roku remote.

If you need any additional help, we’ll follow up to continue assisting you and we'll make sure you are taken care of.

Thanks for using our services. Have a great day!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos