Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bananarama
Reel Rookie

roku simple remote suddenly stopped working only 1 month old! and NOT a battery issue

Tried all the troubleshooting the support page offers, nothing working. Blue light is on the streaming player but zero activity from the simple remote. Not cool, this set-up is a month old. How do I access a warranty replacement? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roku simple remote suddenly stopped working only 1 month old! and NOT a battery issue

What model of Roku is it? Express, Premiere, or even Roku tv? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
bananarama
Reel Rookie

Re: roku simple remote suddenly stopped working only 1 month old! and NOT a battery issue

@Tivoburkee it is the express model. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@bananarama 

You wait for Roku to maybe send a new simple remote, they have had bad batch of them. If you want to get back streaming faster just a get a cheap universal remote from Target, Walmart or you Dollar store. Just make sure it lists Roku. The benefit of aftermarket universal remote is it will control your tv volume in addition to the Roku express, unlike the Roku simple remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @bananarama 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device associated with the affected remote? This can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

We'll be able to further assist you from there. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos