Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaLu0
Reel Rookie

remote control no power tv off/on

hello all- 3820r 4k stik,point remote,not"ir." remote wont power on/off tv. 32"sharp 1080p hd tv,w,vizio soundbar. remote powers on/off and controls sound on soundbar??? 3 different agents,no fix.  3rd agent says " must have roku tv to use roku remote for power on/off????" i have replaced batteries,reset remote,disconnected/reconnected stik. old tv set to cec to accept remote signal. shortcut tv-on/off"checked " on home menu. power cord in usb port,tried different hdmi port. tried 2 different tv codes no change. was told have to use mfg tv remote to power on/off?  if this is true,why is the roku remote controlling the vizio soundbar???      is the amplifier in powercord causing interference to the hdmi port,thinking its getting turned on each time i touch roku power button???    pilot error on me??? ive read some similar posts,not quite like mine.....thankkkkkkk you,m

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: remote control no power tv off/on

Greetings @MaLu0 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue with your Roku device remote not controlling your TV power and volume.

We would recommend you try setting up your Voice Remote Pro for TV controls again. To do this, please follow the steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku voice remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Remotes & devices
  4. Select Remote
  5. Choose your voice remote from the list and select Set up remote for TV control
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process

For more information about how to pair your remote to your TV, visit our Support page here: Set up TV controls.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you should you need further help.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MaLu0
Reel Rookie

NOPPPPPPPPPPPPE-

does not work.............i can click on "power off" on home screen,does not shut down...........a hdmi pane opens in top right corner of screen,thats it.................

by the way- notes on screen say that roku remote can not control soundbar????   my remote controls power off/on, and volume up/down on my vizio sounbar attached to this tv........................

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @MaLu0 

Thanks for the follow up regarding controlling your TV with the Roku remote.

It looks like there may some sort of interference that may be happening. Please be aware that Roku device remotes do not support the control of external audio products.

Have you tried first disconnecting your soundbar from your TV and then following the instructions outlined in my previous post to pair your Roku remote to your TV to see if the remote will control the TV and power?

Please keep us posted what you find out with your soundbar disconnected from your TV. We look forward to hearing back your response.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HMRC
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos