Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mphelpsmd

"Listen for your remote" dialog box comes on all the time

@RokuDanny-R

I have this exact problem. My Harmony universal remote works fine, but the Roku remote is constantly frustrated with the message, "Listen for your remote. Press any remote button to stop the sound." The reality is that any button pressed on the Roku remote stops the message for 1-2 seconds, then it returns, and not all button presses get acknowledged. The Harmony works fine.

I've replaced the batteries and restarted the Roku with no resolution.

The 5 button presses on home and then 5 button presses on left arrow didn't do anything for me.

Here are some of the details of my unit:

Model 4670X – Roku Ultra

Software Version 11.5.0 – build 4235-46

(I can also provide the serial # and device ID if there's a more secure way of doing this.)

Thanks in advance for any tips on how to fix this!

Mike

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: "Listen for your remote" dialog box comes on all the time

@mphelpsmd

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide your Roku device serial number and device ID? If you feel more comfortable, please feel free to send that information to me through PM.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bsmith7974

Was there an answer / fix for this?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@bsmith7974

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Reemshak

I am facing the same issue. The find remote dialogue box keeps coming back on the screen. Due to it, Roku starts on its own even when the tv if off. I have a Roku Ultra 4660X. Please tell me how i can get support?

0 Kudos
Drgfish

So it turns out there is a button on top of your actual device that I had placed something placed on top of that cause this weird seemly random dialogue box to keep popping up.  So check to make sure you don’t have something pressing this button down on your actual device.  #Roku Ultra

0 Kudos