Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scoop74

"Listen for your remote" dialog box comes on all the time

Starting yesterday, every time I use my remote the "Listen for your remote" dialog box pops up on TV screen and starts a countdown. 

Also, the remote doesn't allow me to go from one app to another, it goes two at a time,  instead of one at a time. 

I've taken batteries out, replaced them and turned off the Roku device but nothing is correcting the problem.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
anononononon
Channel Surfer

Re: "Listen for your remote" dialog box comes on all the time

I'm having the same issue and tried the same things you did with no luck.  Super annoying.  If I can't get a fix I'm going to pick up an Apple TV device.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: "Listen for your remote" dialog box comes on all the time

@anononononon

Thanks for the post.

We are more than happy to look further into this issue for you, but need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
-can you provide a screenshot of what is happening on screen so we can better understand the issue
-when did you start seeing this issue occur

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos