Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikoz
Channel Surfer

cannot control volume of receiver

Jump to solution

I enabled the option to check for AV receivers in the model search via the hidden menu, and still, with my Roku Ultra LT, I am not able to find any AV receiver brands.

I've done a complete cable removal and power cycle, it's not a handshaking issue.

HDMI CEC is enabled on my receiver. 

I know there's a disclaimer on the Roku screen when you attempt to set up volume control that it doesn't work with receivers/soundbars, but, I've read here that others have it working and, well, that's just a stupid restriction that should not be present.  What difference does it make if the IR receiver is a TV or AV receiver??

The appleTv 4k remote works and controls the volume of my receiver  without issue.  Not sure why it's so hard with a Roku. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: cannot control volume of receiver

Jump to solution

@mikoz

Thanks for the post.

As you mentioned in your post, Roku device remotes do not support control of AVR volume.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mikoz

Thanks for the post.

As you mentioned in your post, Roku device remotes do not support control of AVR volume.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mikoz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That's very shortsighted of Roku, why is it so hard to use IR to control a TV but not a receiver... there's really no difference.  

Why is there a hidden menu that supposedly enables (yet does not work) the control of AV receivers? 

The appletv4k has no issue controlling AV volumes.