Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mllive
Binge Watcher

does the rechargable voice remote pro have voice commands for ALL of the button commands?

Jump to solution

I want to use the Always-On voice remote without "touching" it. This means that I want to be able to issue any "Button" command, e.g. Ok, Up, Left, Down, Right, Last, Rewind,  Star, etc? by voice.

In addition, there are times when Roku is asking for Keyboard input, for searches within an app, "Username" Passwords, etc. Is there a way to have the Always-On accept something like:

Roku WORD Word1 Word2 ... ENDWORD and:

Roku CHAR Char1 Char2 ... ENDCHAR?

I do not think I can do it with my older voice remote or from the Alexa skill, so I wonder if they have retrofitted these other remotes and certainly if the new Always-On is "fully functional" I hope that this is available now and would like the other voice input systems to also be as "fully functional".

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: does the rechargable voice remote pro have voice commands for ALL of the button commands?

Jump to solution

No, it will not work like you want. The roku voice search always starts from the home screen. If you ask it to go left, it will put up message screen navigation is not supported.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

mllive
Binge Watcher

Re: does the rechargable voice remote pro have voice commands for ALL of the button commands?

Jump to solution

OK. thaanks ... I'm satisfied that the Always-On rechargeable remote is the most flexible of the Roku remotes, but, as with the Alexa skill,  would be a Certain purchase If or when it can support the other commands so that I can conveniently fully support the Roku or TCL TV with voice rather than still needing to push buttons for the un-supported functions and in application Commands, Usernames, Passwords, searches and whatever else is still not yet implemented.

So thanks, and until there is updated information, I'll consider this sufficient and close-it

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

No, it will not work like you want. The roku voice search always starts from the home screen. If you ask it to go left, it will put up message screen navigation is not supported.

Edmund

mllive
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

OK. thaanks ... I'm satisfied that the Always-On rechargeable remote is the most flexible of the Roku remotes, but, as with the Alexa skill,  would be a Certain purchase If or when it can support the other commands so that I can conveniently fully support the Roku or TCL TV with voice rather than still needing to push buttons for the un-supported functions and in application Commands, Usernames, Passwords, searches and whatever else is still not yet implemented.

So thanks, and until there is updated information, I'll consider this sufficient and close-it

0 Kudos
mllive
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for the Answer that both the Roku and Alexa voice commands are not programmed to support all the Buttons of the Roku remote, see the response. On the other hand, It would be so much nicer if they could issue ALL the button commands. Is there any areas that allowed users to suggest "Features" and get Up/Down polls and comments for new Features? That way Roku could see what users would like to be able to do and if the new features are Cost/Benefit justified, they might be able to justify adding them, perhaps at an addon price, if needed.

My suggestion is that Roku program the Pro Remote and the Alexa Skills so that they could issue ALL the button commands, rather than only those that, I am told only start from the HOME screen. If this were done, then the user could pick up the button remote only when they felt it was easier to use the buttons, and As I suspect that the hard remote only issues one command per button, it seems that implementing the Oral command to WiFi command would be moderatly easy?

Thanks

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@mllive, to suggest a feature:

Suggest a Feature | Roku Community | Roku