Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warrentab
Reel Rookie

Will an HDMI Extender Help an Issue with My Remote?

Hi

I just purchased a Roku 4K Stick and am having intermittent problems with my remote. It might possibly be caused by interference as it's plugged into the hub on my Samsung smart TV (it's a bit older)?

I'm wondering if an HDMI extender cable would correct the problem.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
warrentab
Reel Rookie

Re: Will an HDMI Extender Help an Issue with My Remote?

[Edit]

We own 2 Roku streaming boxes and they work just fine on our other TVs.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @warrentab,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Have you tried checking the HDMI connection if it's on the right input port on your TV? Could you tell us where is the Roku device getting its power source? In addition, have you tried connecting those Roku devices to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue? Just to isolate the issue.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
warrentab
Reel Rookie

Hello @RokuMary-F

Thank you for your reply. The HDMI cable is connected to the furthest port from the signal cable (HDMI-4) on the hub for my Samsung Series 6 TV.  The Roku Stick 4K is plugged into a surge suppressor, and not connected to the TV via USB.

Connecting the device to another TV sounds like a very good idea. I will report back to you  to let you know if that worked.

Sincerely,

warrentab

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @warrentab,

Thanks for the reply.

If you are still having any issues with your Roku device and the remote after following these steps, please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos