Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JenkinsEar
Binge Watcher

Re: Unable to pair as well

Jump to solution

Have you read all the posts in this thread?  Lots of suggestions, for lots of different situations.  If nohting there is working for you, suggest you talk directly to Toku.

Who did you want to PM?

0 Kudos
bdpopeye
Roku Guru

Re: Unable to pair as well

Jump to solution

I use to have this problem. I had two roku sticks. Whenever the internet was disrupted or power went out the remotes for the sticks would be very difficult and time consuming to pair. In August 2020 we had a storm here that knocked our power for two days. Once the power came back on the remotes would not pair. So I plugged in my old roku3 which can use a IR remote that I purchased online and it worked just fine. Finally I purchased two roku premieres which have the IR remote.. and everything works just fine. 

I think part of the problem is what internet provider a person is using. I have centurylink. I gave one of my sticks to my daughter she has Xtream by Mediacom@. The remote paired up right away with no issues. So the issue could be the server. Just a thought.

0 Kudos
dbsings05

@Jenkinsear: Unable to pair...

Jump to solution

I am having exact same problems as you did. App remote showed stick but still would not pair remote. Reset stick and now stuck with the picture of 3 remotes..,(my remote does not have a reset button) can't get past this and now app remote doesn't recognize stick at all 🙄 Same SSID. How did you solve this? 

0 Kudos
bdpopeye
Roku Guru

Re: @Jenkinsear: Unable to pair...

Jump to solution

How did I fix this? I did not. I bought two roku premiers that use an IR remote. I've had no issues since switching to the IR remotes. IR remotes DO NOT work with roku sticks...

0 Kudos

Re: Why is my remote no longer pairing to my TV?

Jump to solution

This is the solution for beginners to advanced users. This will help you. 

0 Kudos
Heg86

Trying figure out if my remote just bad

Jump to solution

I need help with that as well. I've try different batteries, reset my TV n roku. Nothing working. The tv comes on n the volume works on my remote. Nothing else. Could my remote just be bad?. It works in other room. Naturally no blog or faqs question help. You can chat with a person. Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Trying figure out if my remote just bad

Jump to solution

@Heg86, you need to give us more information.  What's the model number of your Roku device written on it somewhere?  Is it a stick that plugs directly into the TV without the need for an HDMI cable?  Is there a button on the back of the remote or inside the battery compartment?  If so, have you paired the remote to the Roku device?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos