Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tronio232
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

Hi, i am having the same issue. My remotes batteries drain. I have a 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+

serial number: YHO03E178050

hope it has a solution!!

thanks!

0 Kudos
Ultras
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

XJ00CU507471

Roku Ultra remote batteries draining

0 Kudos
R2021
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
Hi, Mary. 

The serial number is YH006V619228. Thank you.

Best regards,

R2021
0 Kudos
AnonymousNC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I noticed this too and as soon as the throw away batteries went I started using my rechargeable batteries. Cheaper than constantly buying throw-aways and I use rechargeable batteries in everything from wall clocks to computer mouse anyway. (Just NEVER in a smoke alarm or carbon monoxide detector BTW). An easier and faster option to waiting for Roku to find a better remote.

0 Kudos
raynman10

Jump to solution

Same issue

model 4400x

id 4u75a7856103

ser# yy007k856103

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you have one of the remotes that has an earphone jack for remote listening, the earphone amplifier in the remote is activated and more quickly draining batteries whenever something is plugged into the jack, even when you are not streaming anything. Make sure you unplug the phones when not actively listening.

There is some evidence that one cause of battery drain for those with point-anywhere remotes that connect to the Roku via WiFi-direct can be use of a router channel that is crowded by nearby routers using the same channel.  It's been suggested that the remote has to work too hard constantly sorting through the information packets from other devices using the same channel such that it accelerates the battery drain.

If you have access to your router's setup, try configuring it to use a different WiFi channel to see if this helps the situation. In the crowded 2.4 GHz band, channels 1-11 are supported. Channels 1, 6, and 11 do not overlap each other and so give you the best chance at reducing congestion, so try each in succession, although depending on what channels your neighbors are using other channels in the 1-11 range may work best. Also, reducing router bandwidth from 40 to 20 kHz may also reduce interference.

Please report back to let us know how you make out.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
bkejenki
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

None of the information you provided was helpful. My remote does not have a ear jack so that is not the problem and nowhere on the box or in the product description does it say the remote is a point anywhere remote. No router channels have been changed on my end. I purchased the stick a year ago but just recently started having problems with the remote. There has to be another way to figure out what's wrong. Another remote costs $20 and I would really like to not go that route. 

0 Kudos
SmarthBlargsen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Can you contact me about the issue with the remote draining batteries? Mine die every two days. I tried to find a way to private message but didn’t see a way to do so in your profile. 

0 Kudos
otownrex
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a older roku that just started draining batteries. 

Model 4640X - Roku Ultra

The serial number is YP001M721112.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Sumozumo @Tronio232 @raynman10,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the Roku remote issue you are experiencing.

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into.

How long does the battery last?  Do your Roku remotes support private listening?

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos