Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scoobyclub
Streaming Star

Re: Why are your remotes complete **bleep**?

Jump to solution
BB999
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing this. It’s above my pay grade vis a vis comprehension. Lol. I’m an old dame who keeps up but knows when the details are beyond my ken. I am going with the universal remote and won’t be holding my breath for Roku to own its product failure. 

0 Kudos
scoobyclub
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It's really just about the codes to send. Essentially volume needs a bit of work to function with the Roku box and the Roku box needs to support InfraRed remote control. AFAIK Only the Roku streaming sticks don't work. 

It's also the American info, I'm in the UK. Sure you'll get it sorted.

Not that young myself and bored with technology complexity so this kind of thing frustrates me too. Supposed to be plug and play. 

BB999
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Where in UK. I lived in London for four years a few lifetimes ago. A friend sent me a pic of our old corner pub which has now become a flower box  drink haven for the young and affluent. Back when it was home to a mad variety of expats from many countries. Playing pool while listening to the slapping of dominoes was a lovely way to spend an evening. 
Oh my, I am old!

0 Kudos
scoobyclub
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Near Windsor. It's too busy now round here. Way too busy. Want to head back to Scotland for a quiet life.

0 Kudos
BB999
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

That sounds like a perfect dream. Just watched the short series Lost in Scotland and Beyond. Made me ache to live there. 

well, thanks for the chat. 

0 Kudos
BB999
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Correction, Lost in Scotland. I’m tired.

0 Kudos
scoobyclub
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

You may be interested in my new post on this topic. Any questions just reply to it.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Replacement-Remote-for-Streambar-4k-2-Solutions/m-...

0 Kudos
Tweebler

Jump to solution

Don't bother with the official remote. Download the phone app and control Roku with that. The buttons actually work!!!  No more hassle.

0 Kudos
Tweebler

Jump to solution

Don't bother with official remote. Download the smart phone app from Play store or Apple store and use your phone. The controls actually work, unlike the clumsy and glitch-prone remote.

0 Kudos