Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Socokid

What remote that has audio jack for a 4660X Ultra?

Jump to solution

I have a 4660X Ultra and the voice remote headphone jack is no longer working and I want to replace the remote. Roku website has them "back-ordered". Is there a specific remote I can buy NOW (Amazon, eBay, etc) so I can have a remote that works with the headphone jack? I don't care about voice, just the headphone jack. Will a "gaming remote" work? Another name brand generic remote?????

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: What remote that has audio jack for a 4660X Ultra?

Jump to solution

I think the confusion with the remotes lies with Roku.  Even if their own literature, they are inconsistent with their usage of terms regarding enhanced remotes and gaming remote and compatibility.

I have an Ultra 4660X.  It came with and is still equipped with a Gaming Remote Model RC193. (It has headphone jack, the microphone for voice, and power/volume controls for tv except no mute, and has the little A and B buttons for games, and a pairing button in the battery compartment.)  It even came with the little earbuds which are floating around somewhere.

As such, both the Gaming Remote and the Enhanced Voice Remote (with Headphone Jack) have the private listening and the pairing button so both should work, even though not listed directly in compatibility on Roku's product page.  https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

However, if all you are after is the Private Listening Feature, you can use the just Roku Mobile App (remote feature) on your phone/mobile device as @atc98092 mentioned and use your wired or wireless earbuds paired to the network.  Install from Play Store or App Store if you are unfamiliar.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
atc98092

Jump to solution

Roku only states that the gaming remote will work with the Roku 2 and 3, which are very early model Roku players. However, that might only be because those are the two players that had a game or two available on them. If I had to guess I would say that the gaming remote would still pair with your 4660, but I can't really say for certain. Also note that the gaming remote doesn't offer any control of your TV volume like your existing remote does.

As far as third party remotes, your 4660 does support IR, so you could buy any universal remote that lists Roku support for controlling your Roku. But none of them will offer the audio jack, as that doesn't work over IR. You could use a smart phone or tablet (iOS or Android) and use the Roku app for private listening. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

I think the confusion with the remotes lies with Roku.  Even if their own literature, they are inconsistent with their usage of terms regarding enhanced remotes and gaming remote and compatibility.

I have an Ultra 4660X.  It came with and is still equipped with a Gaming Remote Model RC193. (It has headphone jack, the microphone for voice, and power/volume controls for tv except no mute, and has the little A and B buttons for games, and a pairing button in the battery compartment.)  It even came with the little earbuds which are floating around somewhere.

As such, both the Gaming Remote and the Enhanced Voice Remote (with Headphone Jack) have the private listening and the pairing button so both should work, even though not listed directly in compatibility on Roku's product page.  https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

However, if all you are after is the Private Listening Feature, you can use the just Roku Mobile App (remote feature) on your phone/mobile device as @atc98092 mentioned and use your wired or wireless earbuds paired to the network.  Install from Play Store or App Store if you are unfamiliar.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102