Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhall185

Walmart Roku Ultra 2022 Different?

Jump to solution

I was getting ready to pick up a Roku Ultra 2022 at Walmart since that is the closest store to me that sells them. I noticed this version still comes with the rechargeable voice remote pro, but it has different channel shortcuts on it. It seems like this version comes with the discovery + shortcut instead of the Paramount + on the bottom right. The model number is also not 4802r, it is 829610005225. Does anyone know if these models are any different or inferior to the ones that everyone else sells? Walmart is known for selling some lesser quality things for a lower price.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Walmart Roku Ultra 2022 Different?

Jump to solution

Hi @bhall185,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

Congratulations on your new Roku Ultra 4802R! We understand that you are inquiring about the shortcut buttons of the Roku Voice Remote Pro that came with your Roku Ultra.

Please be advised that the partner buttons and the channel shortcut buttons vary even on the same Roku models.

Once you are ready to set up your Roku Ultra 4802R, we recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information regarding How to set up your Roku® Ultra | Official Roku Support

For future reference, here's how you can How to create a personal shortcut button on your Roku® voice remote | Official Roku Support

Thank you for using our services. It is our pleasure and privilege to serve you. We hope our service will exceed your expectations. We appreciate the trust you have placed in us and look forward to serving you again.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @bhall185,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

Congratulations on your new Roku Ultra 4802R! We understand that you are inquiring about the shortcut buttons of the Roku Voice Remote Pro that came with your Roku Ultra.

Please be advised that the partner buttons and the channel shortcut buttons vary even on the same Roku models.

Once you are ready to set up your Roku Ultra 4802R, we recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information regarding How to set up your Roku® Ultra | Official Roku Support

For future reference, here's how you can How to create a personal shortcut button on your Roku® voice remote | Official Roku Support

Thank you for using our services. It is our pleasure and privilege to serve you. We hope our service will exceed your expectations. We appreciate the trust you have placed in us and look forward to serving you again.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

829610005225 seems to be a UPC code, not a model number. 

https://www.upcitemdb.com/upc/%20829610005225

That page says it’s a UPC for a Roku 4802RW. 

0 Kudos
bhall185

Jump to solution

Mary,

So you are confirming that Walmart's version (829610005225) is the 4802r version? It doesn't have the model number on the box like the others I've seen.

0 Kudos
bhall185

Jump to solution

Thanks. I guess the only difference would be the app shortcuts on the remote then. Good to know.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The shortcut buttons will vary depending on who is paying to have their buttons included on any given production run of remotes.  They are hatd coded and cannot be reprogrammed.

The rechargeable Voice Remote Pro also has two shortcut buttons that you can program using the remote's voice commands.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos