Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pete-34

Re: Voice remote pro won't charge

I have the same issue as others with my voice remote pro. I have performed the same troubleshooting steps. It will give me some charge then go back to 0 and stop working. Tried different cables and adapters. 

ID 84EAED399BA7

model RC541

I am having the same problem with my remote for the past 2-3 days and I have tried 5 different cords and 3 usb wall blocks and I have tried to plug it into my laptop and it still doesn’t get past 0%. I have also tried the 15-20 second reboot and I have re-paired it with my roku 2 times and still nothing.

I bought this remote and my roku device off of the roku site on June 1, 2021 so it is only 7 months old and it has never gotten wet. My roku is up to date with updates and I have tried everything that I can think of. 

My roku device serial #X01600N1THYL
My remote sku #3226000891

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MDXx @Pete-34 @Saramartin12,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Saint1415
Reel Rookie

@RokuMary-F if you could assist it would be greatly appreciated.

My controller is doing the same not charging and won't work unless plugged into power. 

SN: YN00YK675657

Device ID: 9T67DY675657

Remote Pro Model RC541

FW:rtn.4134

MAC: 84:EA:ED:39:97:1A

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Saint1415

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? How long are you charging the remote? Have you checked the remote battery level in Settings? Can you provide us with an image of the screen when you checked the remote battery level?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Saint1415
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R 

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? When the remote is plugged in it indicates it's charging and will not hold a charge when unplugged.

How long are you charging the remote? Any length of time fails to maintain charge.  I've tried everything from 20min to days. At this point the only way I can operate my remote is by keeping it plugged in for a short term use then I have to unplug and re-plug it in.

Have you checked the remote battery level in Settings? Yes, also verified that I don't have any other remotes synced to the TV giving me a false report.  Additionally, I have held down the sync button as was previously posted to see if it would resolve the issue and it did not.

Can you provide us with an image of the screen when you checked the remote battery level?  Yes, when I get home I'll take a picture and post it.

0 Kudos
Saint1415
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos

I have the same issue. Remote will not take a charge. I have used different cables and USB connections. Faulty equipment? I need a new charger. Router has seen this issue before. What are they doing to resolve common issue?

0 Kudos
Saint1415
Reel Rookie

@jeffhamilton89 so far I haven't heard back from @RokuDanny-R  or @RokuMary-F  regarding my issue.  I'm hoping this is resolved with a replacement remote and hopefully it was just a bad batch or something.  I'ts overly frustrating having to be tethered to power to use a remote control.  I'd even be all for a redesign that has a removable and replaceable battery or at least make it serviceable in some form or fashion.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jeffhamilton89 @Saint1415

Thanks for the posts and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos