Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Remote Pro needs frequent re-pairing

I bought a voice remote pro (model RCS01R) last August and after a few months it started needing to be re-paired several times a day.  I will be using the remote and then suddenly the buttons stop working.  I press the small button on the back of the remote and it starts working again.  Sometimes I need to do this every 5 to 10 minutes.  This is pretty annoying for a fairly new remote that I paid $30 for.  My Roku is a 4200X.

It also feels like there is something heavy that is loose inside of the remote.  When I pick up the remote and move it around I can feel something moving inside.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Voice Remote Pro needs frequent re-pairing

Hey @rhymeswithmama

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps available in this Support link: How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working? If so and the issue persists, please reply here with the serial number of your Roku device associated with the affected Voice Remote Pro. It can be found in Settings > System > About. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Zxmom

@rhymeswithmama wrote:

I bought a voice remote pro (model RCS01R) last August and after a few months it started needing to be re-paired several times a day.  I will be using the remote and then suddenly the buttons stop working.  I press the small button on the back of the remote and it starts working again.  Sometimes I need to do this every 5 to 10 minutes.  This is pretty annoying for a fairly new remote that I paid $30 for.  My Roku is a 4200X.

It also feels like there is something heavy that is loose inside of the remote.  When I pick up the remote and move it around I can feel something moving inside.

Mine has been doing the same exact thing. So sad. I really liked it in the beginning. I have done all the troubleshooting and it’s still doing it. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Zxmom

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Please see my post above so we can assist you further. You can also see your Roku device serial number at the back or underneath the player itself.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos