Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UltraMAGAJew
Reel Rookie

Vizio 2Ghz to WiFi Hotspot 5Ghz

Jump to solution

I'm a Disabled Vet. I just bought a Vizio 24in smart tv 2Ghz for my kitchen table. I have a WiFi Hotspot with 5Ghz. I also have an Android phone. It takes twice as long to stream and cast my shows to the TV. Can a Roku Stick connect both the TV and Android phone to adapt the TV to 5Ghz?? Thank You. Stay Safe. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Vizio 2Ghz to WiFi Hotspot 5Ghz

Jump to solution

If I'm understanding what you're asking then the answer is yes.  You'd connect a Roku device that supports 5GHz (which is all but the least expensive Express model) and forego the TV's smart features/apps and use the Roku device for your streaming/casting needs.

I can't comment on how well Roku devices work for casting.  I've seen plenty of issues as well as success stories here, so your mileage may vary.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If I'm understanding what you're asking then the answer is yes.  You'd connect a Roku device that supports 5GHz (which is all but the least expensive Express model) and forego the TV's smart features/apps and use the Roku device for your streaming/casting needs.

I can't comment on how well Roku devices work for casting.  I've seen plenty of issues as well as success stories here, so your mileage may vary.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
UltraMAGAJew
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank You. Stay Safe. HOO-AH!!! 

0 Kudos