Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mershon76
Channel Surfer

Unable to pair new Ultra remote to Vizio TV

My original Roku Ultra is model 4670X with remote model RC-AL9. I just purchased the new Roku Ultra model 4802X with remote model RC-MC1. I have an older 70 inch Vizio tv. My original remote paired just fine with my tv. The new remote will not pair. The new Roku installed the latest software during setup. What happened? Will just return the new Roku if not resolved. I just bought it because of the black Friday discount and thinking it would be an upgrade from my original Ultra. Maybe not?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to pair new Ultra remote to Vizio TV

If Vizio codes don't work, try Goldstar or LG.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

If you can't get the new remote working with the LG,  you should be able to pair the old remote that does work with the LG to the new Roku.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Mershon76
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the quick replies. It was operator error! My audio was playing thru my surround system so therefor it never stopped playing while doing the remote setup. Turned off the surround and the 2nd Vizio code did the trick. 😞 Thanks again

makaiguy

@Mershon76-

Good catch.  Thanks for reporting back.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos