Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I bought one also, a long time ago. It will not control the TV or turn off the Roku, either. It may work for some, but not all of us. And if Roku cares, you can't prove it on this thread.

Old Bill

VAR
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I do believe they would fix it 
But it’s obvious 

they haven’t a clue

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Since May And the notorious 10.0 update 1 of my 5 tv sets (2 locations) has become unsupported/ not recognized 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Yes my remote lost the ability to turn the tv off and control volume. I checked software updates and it is up to date but still not working. 

Jump to solution

I have a Phillips tv, remote is Roku voice remote RC691, software version 10.5.0, yes the remote worked before, and I have no idea what am AVR is. 

Jump to solution

Roku device - 3810X roku streaming stick+

TV Make/Model - Element E4sft5517

Issue ID 80-505-437

Volume and power buttons not working. 

patgmanor

Jump to solution

My Roku model 3810X Streaming Stick+ was updated by you yesterday and now there is no sound. I have rebooted the system with negative results.

Serial # YH007E322430

I.D. # 213177322430

Software 10.5.0  Build 420850

Either fix or replace asap.

Pat M.

0 Kudos
rbrown

Jump to solution

Remote model - RC404

Model 3810RW Streaming Stick+
-software OS/version  - 10.5.0 - build 4208-50
Not sure if this remote controlled the volume on this TV because I have 3 streaming sticks and have swapped the remotes with the (3) streaming sticks trying to get them to control volume and power.
The TV is a SONY smart TV about 10 years old
TV is connected to an Directv Audio Video Recorder 

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If isntyou

this problem has plagued Roku uses ever since software update to 10.0

there hasn’t been any fix

0 Kudos
NotHI
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This new remote corrected all my TV control issues.  After reading this comment, I actually purchased on Amazon and it synced fairly quickly and I now again have control of TV power and volume.  When setting it up, I had to cycle through the “sound” setup to about 11 or 12, but it finally found a code that worked with my older Samsung.  

0 Kudos