Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VAR
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

@kyohejr 

when I try setting up remote to pair with my tv to control volume I get message that they basically don’t have my tv info and to enter the brand 

I enter it and then I get message that it is not a recognized or not supported Then i can’t go further

my tv was paired with my new voice remote until May 13 when they updated the software to version 10.0.0

0 Kudos
FMKev14

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Purchased a brand new Roku Ultra and the Remote will not control my TV's power, nor Volume.  It can/will change the MUTE setting however, but that is all.   I purchased this to replace my Roku Streaming Stick as I wanted a hardwired Ethernet connection instead of WiFi.  The remote with the Roku Streaming Stick controlled my TV without any issues (power worked, and volume control worked).   Details for both roku units are below.

TV is a Samsung Model:  UN60J620DAFXZA     VersionNo:  EA03    MFD:  Sept 2016

Roku Ultra:  Model 4800X     SerialNo:  X01000XDSRDT   SoftwareVer:  10.0.0  build 4205-C2    DeviceId:  S02A212DSRDT

Roku Enhanced Voice Remote:  Model:  RC506    FirmwareVer:  rtn.4120     (Note:  This is the remote that is not working)

Roku Streaming Stick:  Model 3800RW   SerialNo:  YF00AU961223    SoftwareVer:  10.0.0 build 4205-55   DeviceId:  CU37AA961223

Roku Voice Remote:  Model: RC128   FirmwareVer:  2.01.19.108    (Note:  This is the remote that works with no issues)

Jump to solution

I didn’t know this was an issue so I thought my remote no longer worked.  I threw it away and got a new one that will not pair with the tv to control voice or power.  

I have model 4660x roku ultra

serial number yj00ac381428

id ck489a381428

software 10.0.0 build 4195-46

remote roku voice control

sku rcal78

tv brand rca rtu6548-c   The 8 could be a 9

romeropov
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Northernkygal; it's upsetting people are just purchasing new controls and even these new controls seem not to work.

I hope there is a class action against Roku; they're really stealing and not serving their customers right.

Good luck.

ChipHale
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Can you PLEASE fix this problem so people will stop replying to this thread and I can stop getting the email notification every time it does?  Please?

Oh, also, so that the products I've spent hundreds of dollars on can work as advertised for the first time in months.

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Once again I repeat

as of this date 6/16/21 there is no fix!!!

time for a refund for my Voice Remote which no longer operates as it should caused by a Roku software update 

I also have a brand new in the box Ultra model #4670R which I’ll setting up and based what I’m reading this may not work either 

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Re: Roku remote stopped controlling tv volume.

Jump to solution

@HeyJude 

I believe that you can buy all the new product on earth and it will not correct what the Roku tech team did.

many people have bought additional product and had zero results

By buying additional product you’re taking responsibility for what they did

you didn’t cause this problem 

Roku needs to refund everyone 

0 Kudos
romeropov
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

HyeJude, I completely agree. Luckily I've bought mine at Costco and they have an excellent return policy and I suggest for anyone who bought at Costco to try to return their devices.

All these devices just breaking because of Roku's incompetence is preposterous. I love Roku but this mishap has stricken a negative chord.

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I don’t believe the streaming devices are breaking its the May 13 software update and Roku tech team is responsible 

my 3 yr old Vizio is no longer a recognized brand ??? 🤔

Over  a month and still no fix and we’re being ignored

If they lost a million or more streamers they may wake up

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Model: Roku Ultra 4660X

Serial: YJ007W633166

Device ID: CK48A7633166

Remote: RC193

TV: Element ELEFT405