Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MRacho
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Mine was not a smart TV but a Ruko stick 

Chriskehs

Connecting remote

Jump to solution

Hello iam trying to connect my roku remote to my lg tv the brand is 47LN5400 and it will not connect any tips ?

0 Kudos
Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I use a Roku stick, too. And I bought a new remote to try and fix the pairing issue. 

Thanks,

OldBill

Dogman48
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My roku stick remote works fine, but now the voices are delayed. The roku ulta remote doesn't work at all and won't stay paired. It's the idea of having to buy a new remote, when I spend $70 not even 10 months ago for the ulta.

Dogman48
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I could understand technology problems. I can't understand that Roku support consists of having all their customers complain on posts. And then think we all are naive enough to believe us complaining on posts is somehow "support" and actually fixes anything. Or telling us to constantly check for updates and to tell us to constantly screw around with trying to pair the remote everyday, is somehow beneficial because none of us have anything better to do everyday but spend 1/2 an hour screwing with their equipment to see if it might remotely work someday.

Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

As promised, my monthly payment to Roku came due and I canceled. Roku's nonchalance about this problem has stunned me. If I were in senior management at Roku, heads would already have rolled. 

Vasru
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Two roku devices do not respond to any requests from the Remote, so cannot go to Settings etc.

(1) Model 4670X - SN: KW9993840727 - Device Id (same as FCC ID?) - TC2-R1016. Cannot provide other info since the device does not respond to Remote at all.

(2) Model 4400X - SN: 4U75AD658284 - Device Id (same as FCC ID?) - TC2-R1010. Cannot provide other info since the device does not respond to Remote at all.

Please Help!

prosete1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My solution, from my last post to another thread dealing with the same issue: 

<<Well, I, of little faith! It's working fine now -- my Roku Ultra 4800 is back to controlling my Samsung TV AND my Yamaha a/v (all functions except power on). Just as before the latest update. 

All along I had been trying to 'manually' make the changes to my Samsung TV to enable the ARC port and nothing I tried worked. Then it dawned on me that I needed to power off then on my TV so that it would enable my HDMI-ARC connex to 'automatically' (not manually) recognize all attached devices. As soon as I powered off and on again, the TV did what it was supposed to do, automatically find and recognize the a/v, which it did, down to its own model number, and made it all work again. So I can now control both TV and a/v in all functions, except power the a/v on.  Problem solved!>>

Jenelee

Jump to solution

Roku needs to get it together!!! I have tried working with customer service and they offer no help beyond what I can google myself. I have paired the remote over and over, replaced batteries, made sure it’s up to date, started using the HDMI extender, I even bought a brand new stick thinking it was just because my stick was a few years old.  Still not staying paired!!!! I have to pair remote at least once a day. It only lasts a few hours. Sometimes it won’t work at all. Sometimes it will turn on but not let me select anything from the menu. New one has same problems as old one. I had no idea there others were having the same problem. So frustrating!!!!!!

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Dogman48

thats happened to me and I found improvement after unplugging the Roku streaming device and wait a minute or two

when it reboots all looks/sounds  good. It’s worth a try