Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dogman48
Channel Surfer

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Model 4662X,samsung Q. Both my tv and remote are less than 10 months old. Everything was fine until the update. Remote works for 2 seconds, then voice control prompt comes up and then goes to disney+ app. I've done every fix mentioned that I can find and nothing works. Not happy that I spent the money for the roku ulta and less than 10 months later the remote is garbage now. Fix your **bleep**

Dogman48
Channel Surfer

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Firmware version 2.01.19.108

Model rc498

TV samsung q

None of you fixes have done anything. The remote doesn't work at all, unless I take the batteries out put them back in and then 2 seconds later nothing works again. Voice assistant comes on for no reason and then goes to Disney plus app which I removed but it doesnt matter. Still goes to that app anyway. Not happy that this ulta is less than 10 months old. My 3 year old remote still works fine but the more expensive ulta is junk now. Is Roku hurting for money, so you screw everything up so we all have to buy new remotes now. And are we supposed to be ecstatic because we earn badges from you people for a post. Ridiculous. Nobody is on here for a non problem, so giving badges for pissing off your customers is assinine

Dkmq1994
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did the update but the power and volume still do not work. The did before. Have worked since we got it. 
device id: C13871720089

software version: 10.0.0 build 4198-50

sharp smart TV EN3R395

Jamiej57

Jump to solution

Model 3930X -Roku Express 

Serial X00400TF3LS2

Device  S00820DF3LS2

Software 10.0.0 - build 4200-AE

Remote. TCL RC2000N02

TV #TCL

CLOIU

Roku Ultra Power Button on Remote doesn’t work

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra and a Sharp Aquos TV.

The power button on the remote does not work to power the TV on/off.

If I press the menu button, it will turn on the TV. If I go to shortcuts —> Power Off, it will turn off the TV.

I have completed all of the troubleshooting steps several times. I have tried all the codes.

0 Kudos
Dkmq1994
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Us too!  Exact same issue.  Sharp TV.  Volume and power worked until a couple weeks ago.  Did the update but no change, and setup for remote, but doesn't like this Sharp TV.

Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I've gotten six badges for complaining. If Comcast gave badges, I'd look like I won WWI by myself!

romeropov
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I think the latest updates have addressed issues with some TVs, not all. I would provide Roku w/ all the serial/model #s of you Roku device and TV. Hopefully they'll fix the issues; I own Samsung TVs, a very popular brand so I guess Roku put these at the top of their priority list to fix.

Good luck.

amvg1457

Jump to solution

Hi, 

My roku volume and headset stop working

Device model: 4670 Roku Ultra

Serial no: YJ0082302059

Device id: KWA 028302059

Software version: 10.0.0•build 4198-46

Tv brand: Samsung- 7 series (43)

Model code: UN43NU7100

Serial no: 07CN3CEK813456E 

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thank you for all the advise. I followed all and still do not have the TV volume control that I had before the May Update.

Here is my Roku and TV information

-Roku device model 3810X - ROKU STREAMING STICK+
-serial number YH003L958268 (C13943958268)
-device ID 68-227-427
-software OS/version 10.0.0 Build 4198-50

-TV brand and model number Panasonic TH-46PZ85U