Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tehuti88
Channel Surfer

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Same problem. Can't even find the device/system info since the remote won't let us navigate through the menu. 😞

EDIT, somehow finally got out of the menu but now won't bother to go back into it. Since it looks like whatever this issue is, it isn't resolved yet. The remote is effectively nonfunctional. (Not sure how we'll deal with the volume and power now...)

Great thing to stop working on a weekend. 😞

Eberger235

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I don't know how to get this out to the whole community, but I was able to solve the problem. Unlike most of you, I wasn't using my remote that I had been using.  I bought a new Roku Stick, thus new remote. Doing what Roku suggested about updating etc. didn't work.  Then I had an "ah hah" moment remembering that one fellow even mentioned to Roku that he wasn't using a sound bar.  I am.  So I disconnected the sound bar, was able to finish with trying to get my remote to control power and sound.  I then reconnected the sound bar and the remote continued to work.

Mdelmore22

Jump to solution

I’ve tried everything and this has not worked for my remote and tv. Thankfully we still have the tv remote but that’s been very annoying to bounce back and forth between remotes. 

model - 4660x Roku ultra
Sn - YJOOCF0047923
device Id - CK37AC047923
software version - 10.0.0 build 4198-46

tv is a magnavox approximately 6-8 years old  

VAR
Roku Guru

Re: Volume control on remote stopped working

Jump to solution

q3p123

did that dozens of times - not a fix for most- I get to brand of tv and my Vizio is not recognized and can’t go any further-(new, in February, voice remote  RC399 )

0 Kudos
sammy420
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

TV volume still isn't working

Model: 3921RW 

Serial: YH00C3080121

Software: 10.0.0 build 4195-91

Device: JG288C080121

Remote: RC539

TV: Samsung

Ayoung1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks @Eberger235 disconnecting the soundbar then configuring the remote for my TV fixed my issue. 

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

RokuAustin for most of us nothing has been corrected. I purchased an updated voice remote , I believe, model RC399 in February it worked fine until the update. I assume they’re are possibly millions of Roku users dealing with the nonsense

i have done everything suggested by the Roku brains that believe there’s a fix - some some we are going on a month (for me a solid 2 weeks+)

how do I request a refund on my remote that’s useless

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Danny

this just can’t and doesn’t  work when the update caused my Vizio tv to be not recognized/ unsupported. I believe Roku needs to replace all of our streaming equipment that will work with the updates or blackout the last update ( I think this update along with the company’s lack of response will (has) caused damage to its business model enough is enough it maybetime to blog)

Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I have offered RokuDanny-R and RokuAustin $100 to contact me directly and enter a dialogue. So far, my money has been safe. I don't they if they have quit (who can blame them?), been fired (who can blame Roku), gone on vacation, or what. But their silence is deafening and maddening. 

legacy07
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello,

The software was updated and still no volume. My Vizio smart tv was working just before the update. All info is below for troubleshooting.

Model: 466RW - Roku Ultra LT

Serial number: YJ001U513798 (0460A1513798)

Software version: 10.0.0 build 4198-46

Timestamp: 2021-05-29T17:20:26Z

Issue ID: 98-214-160

0 Kudos