Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
q3p123

Re: Volume control on remote stopped working

Jump to solution

To fix the volume control, go to settings/remotes & devices/remotes/gaming remote/set up remote for tv control etc....

Reneeb
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

The volume has just started working tonight. I didn’t do anything different from yesterday. I just tested it tonight and now it’s working.

0 Kudos
Baxa
Streaming Star

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Now that it has been more than a week since this issue was said to have been RESOLVED but still hasn’t been, when will the software be reverted to pre-update level?...

I still can ONLY see code 1 for Sharp TVs...So no way to even select the correct TV code and consequently, no way to correct this issue...

Thuu is a is RIDICULOUS!!!...Please use a little common sense and blackout of software upgrade ASAP...

11ongas
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote stopped controlling tv volume.

Jump to solution

Problem solved!Same problem with mine...after cycling thru the 50 codes multiple times waiting for the music to stop,I noticed on one of the attempts the TV volume bar would appear but the music still played.i stopped on that attempt and the volume control works again

0 Kudos
Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Fellow frustrated customers: Roku is treating us like mushrooms (feeding us manure and keeping us in the dark).  They've gone dark after announcing the month old problem was solved a week ago. One way we can raise the volume on our complaints is to click the thumbs up "Kudo" button on posts you hope get read by Someone at Roku.

See also my post: Roku's response to complaints of remotes no longer pairing with TVs.

Power to the People!

Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Re: Roku's response to complaints of remotes no longer pairing with TVs

Jump to solution

Fellow frustrated customers: Roku is treating us like mushrooms (feeding us manure and keeping us in the dark).  They've gone dark after announcing the month old problem was solved a week ago. One way we can raise the volume on our complaints is to click the thumbs up "Kudo" button on posts you hope get read by Someone at Roku.

Power to the People!

sjw91
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Good to know I'm not alone.  Until this week, I never had a problem.  But now I have to re-pair the remote every day to make it work.

Clairwil
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue here. My older Hitachi TV allowed volume control with the ROKU remote. After the update, it failed to work. After the "fix", I was able to use the "abc" choices to type and choose Hitachi (after running through all codes and hitting "Try again"). I then ran through a smaller set of code numbers, only to fail with the error message "This Hitachi does not support volume control." Except....it does. The new software has broken that functionality. ROKU: many customers have spent hours trying to solve this problem: updating, restarting all machines, plugging/unplugging, ordering updated remotes hoping to escape the glitch. We are doing this EVERY DAY, hoping to get a working remote. This is a very serious problem for your company. Please solve this. 

Susanle59
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Osugrad85 wrote:

Glad to hear that ktimbers and susanle59 got their volume control to work. I tried the same steps and initially it appeared to work for me too (restore volume control function).  But when I waited a few more minutes and again tried to control my volume, the behavior went right back to what I described in detail in my earlier post … 15 second delay before volume control appears and it only remains active for about 5 seconds before disappearing (regardless of whether I am still adjusting the volume), then it appears again after 15 more seconds, etc.  

Sure wish Roku cared enough about their customers (and their product) to respond on this thread (which I believe they created!).  I own three Roku devices and a Roku TV, along with lots of remotes that USED TO WORK.  If I could, I would return them all for a refund and purchase another brand of streamer.  Based on this experience, I will NOT be recommending Roku to my friends and family (something that I used to do without hesitation).  This experience has revealed what a joke Roku support has become.

Just to clarify my volume controls were fixed with the first repairing of the remote but that `broke` my power button. What I did the other day fixed the power button issue and my volume buttons continued to work.  Sorry you are still having issues.  So frustrating that we all are doing their QC/bug fixing/testing for them. 

Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey Danny R at Roku: Is anyone listening? caring? Please respond to the following from the other thread:

@Osugrad85 wrote:

Sure wish Roku cared enough about their customers (and their product) to respond on this thread (which I believe they created!).  I own three Roku devices and a Roku TV, along with lots of remotes that USED TO WORK.  If I could, I would return them all for a refund and purchase another brand of streamer.  Based on this experience, I will NOT be recommending Roku to my friends and family (something that I used to do without hesitation).  This experience has revealed what a joke Roku support has become.