Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kyohejr
Binge Watcher

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

So my issue at least seems to be with the Roku gaming remote itself.  I took a newer Roku remote from the TV in my bedroom and tried pairing it with the Roku/TV in my living room and it immediately worked!  It controls the volume and everything.  My Roku gaming remote which does not work after the update is the RC193.  The Roku voice remote (RC128) works.  They are both using IR to control the TVs.  I don't understand why the RC193 IR doesn't work.  I suppose there is a possibility that the IR transmitter is bad, but why did it all of the sudden stop working after the update?  Seems fishy to me.

0 Kudos
Reneeb
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Hello I have performed the system update but still do not have control of the tv volume using my voice remote. I was able to control the volume before.

Roku information:

Model: 3810RW - Roku Streaming Stick+

Serial number: YH00FF225734

Software version: 10.0.0 build 4198-50

Device ID: C2391F225734

Remote Model: RC128

Tv information:

Sharp 60 Class LED 2160p Smart 4k UHD TV with HDR

Model: LC-60P6070U

0 Kudos
Monique2

Remote volume not working after updates and resetting remote and devices

Jump to solution

Hello my Roku remote volume doesn’t work after I’ve tried everything you mention to try even tried resetting it. Here’s the Roku model: 3931RW RokuExpress +
serial number:10.0.0•build4198AE

ID: S01229776RPN

Please let me know what to do very annoyed not being able to control volume button. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Baxa
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Something odd is now happening with my remote since I am unable to program my Sharp TV into the remote...Almost all buttons on my Roku voice remote now TURN ON the TV...

But none of the buttons TURN OFF the TV...

I know that programming a “universal remote” is not rocket science, purely assigning known sets of codes to buttons on the remote...The Volume and ON/OFF issue should not be so complicated to fix with a software update!!!!

Imforguns
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

In my last post I said I was asking for a warranty replacement for my Roku remote. Today I received an email from Roku that they were sending a replacement and it should arrive in 4-5 days.  

Thanks Roku!

ktimbers
Reel Rookie

MY ROKU UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Last night I followed a member's fix that worked for me.  I ran an update that appeared to update my channels.  I don't think this had anything to do with the fix.  I then re - Setup My Remote.  I ran through the music/no music process thu about 30 TV Codes.  Nothing.  I chose TRY AGAIN and it brought me to a page where I could type in my TV Brand.  I chose my Westinghouse Brand and went through the Music/No Music screens.  The music stopped and I selected YES it stopped and my Roku Remote worked.  On/OFF Works. Volume Works.  All buttons work.  Thank you Roku for solving this issue and programming the software so our remotes work!

Jerniganc
Reel Rookie

Re: MY ROKU UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check h

Jump to solution

I wish it was that simple for all other customers! My Samsung/Sonos system is trash.  About to be done with Roku all together. Terrible customer experience! 

fettbo
Channel Surfer

Re: MY ROKU UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check h

Jump to solution

What update did you run? Was it on the Roku or your TV. I have never gotten that far into the process to where it allows me to select tv it just keeps telling me no remote found 

0 Kudos
Susanle59
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@ktimbers wrote:

Last night I followed a member's fix that worked for me.  I ran an update that appeared to update my channels.  I don't think this had anything to do with the fix.  I then re - Setup My Remote.  I ran through the music/no music process thu about 30 TV Codes.  Nothing.  I chose TRY AGAIN and it brought me to a page where I could type in my TV Brand.  I chose my Westinghouse Brand and went through the Music/No Music screens.  The music stopped and I selected YES it stopped and my Roku Remote worked.  On/OFF Works. Volume Works.  All buttons work.  Thank you Roku for solving this issue and programming the software so our remotes work!

I also got mine fixed in a very similar way.  I ignored the first time the music stopped playing which was #8 and kept going.  At some point the music started again and then the next time it stopped I said yes and I think that was in the 30s.  When I went back into the tv the power button is now working.  Hallelujah!!!

0 Kudos
it4music
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

UPDATE: I had an extra remote from a broken Roku Streaming Stick Plus (RC-AL2 system).  I paired that with this Roku and the volume and power work.   The RC-AL8 remote is still not working with my Vizio.

I hope Roku gets this fixed soon.