Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LorenT
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

When I first had trouble with the remote control on my Samsung TV a couple weeks ago, I stumbled onto the remote control setting fix and that did indeed fix it at that time.  But now, my remote's volume is not working again for some reason as of 5/21/2021 and working through the same menu's setting for the remote did not fix it this time.  I guess it could be a coincidence, but it's hard to believe I need a new remote, although stranger things have happened.  Please advise.

Software Version 10.0.0  Build 4195-50

Voice Remote Model:   RC128

Roku Device Model:  3810RW

Roku Device Serial:  YH007P788889

Roku Device ID:  C237A7788889

TV Brand:  Samsung

TV Model:  29F 4000AFXZA

TV Version:  CS01

TV Serial:  Z79O3CED401682Z

0 Kudos
Jerniganc
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Performed the update. Still no volume control for my Samsung/Sonos combo that has always been controlled via Roku remote. When will this be fixed? 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having the issue with the remote not controlling my TV volume.

-Roku device model: 3810X
-serial number: YH0007622806
-device ID: 2139C0622806
-software OS/version: 10.0.0 build 4198-50
-remote model: RC461
-TV brand and model number: RCA

0 Kudos
SacSailor
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

ISSUE ID: 62-206-017

Model: 3900X - Roku Express

Software version: 10.0.0 build 4195-51

Timestamp: 2021-05-24T01:37:27Z

Voice Remote RC128

Sharp TV LC32SB28UT

Still no update showing since 4195-51. So what exactly is being done by Roku? The number of posts regarding this issue after Roku claimed that it has been resolved probably means that IT HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED! I think this all began after OS 10.0.0 was released. Come on Roku, admit that OS 10.0.0 is a failure, give us the option to revert to the older OS that works, and go back to the drawing board on OS 10. Also, i think its also standard procedure to fully test the update before release. I understand that there are always bugs that surfaces after new software updates but this is ridiculous. And by the way, closing an old thread, marking the issue resolved, and starting a new thread does not do anything for your customers. It doesn't reset the clock either. This issue has been around for several weeks now. Starting a new thread does not make this a new issue. 

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Are you just waiting for your tv controls for your brand to just start working again on its own? Afer upgrading did you program your tv back in?

settings> remote & devices> remote> REMOTE IN USE!!> program tv> follow prompts

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
fettbo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I got the voice remote pro it has badic functions but it doesn't have volume control, voice control or private listening is not working. I followed the sync process restarted the remote etc. The add a remote in the settings won't locate the remote even after I pushed the pair button. I have tried it on 3 other tvs with the same model of roku I have 5 roku Premiere.  2 of the tvs have full functionality 2 don't. The 2 that work are both smart tvs and the 2 that do t are not smart tvs. Not sure if that is the issue

0 Kudos
jolt

Jump to solution

My old remote lost control of the TV and volume.  I purchased a new Roku Voice Remote Pro as a replacement.  While waiting for the new remote to show up, I got the old remote back working with the TV; which was probably a Roku firmware update that got it back working.

The new Roku Voice Remote Pro showed up and I got that installed and working too..... for about an hour, then that remote stopped working with my TV.  I have tried but can not get the new remote to sync up to my TV.  No volume and no power control to TV equals no joy.  I have to say that I have hours invested in this Roku mess and I am not happy at this point.

Here is my info:

Roku device model: 4660X - Roku Ultra

Serial Number: YJ00A9477436

Device ID: CK383A477436

Software OS/version: 10.0.0 build 4198-46

Remote models:  the one that is working again is a RC193 firmware 2.01.19.108  and  the new remote that did work of an hour but does not work any longer is a RC538 firmware rtn4106

TV: Samsung model UN40C7000WF

At this point I am sending the new remote back for a refund because it does not work.

squintus

Re: Roku remote stopped controlling tv volume.

Jump to solution

had the same issue with last update being May 13 and with the latest update loaded today May 23 the volume control works again with my Sony TV. Thanks for the quick SW update and fix!

SacSailor
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

🙂 No i'm not just waiting for my remote to magically work. Like most of the people who posted here, i followed everything on this thread from trying to pull the supposed updated, re-pairing the remote to control the TV, to resetting the Roku player. None of the them worked.

JCLloyd
Binge Watcher

Re[ Anybody Else Notice This? ]: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control...

Jump to solution

I checked to see if I could get the volume & mute to reprogram, before shutting things down for the night.  Tonight, I noticed this message on the menu, just before you press the right arrow to do the sound check:
Note: Your Roku remote cannot be used to control the power and volume of other devices such as soundbars or A/V receivers.

I could swear it said that it *could* ... as recently as in the last few days.  I have been in there many times since Wednesday's deprogramming.  I have been using this setup since May of 2018, when I got the Ultra 4660X.
.  It looks like Roku has made a decision to be plugged directly into a TV and no longer go through an A/V receiver or external soundbar.  Or, I am on drugs, or not on drugs, or having old age bouts of memory issues.

Tomorrow, I will try to route the Roku into the second HDMI of my TV, instead of the A/V receiver.  If I can get the Roku to set up for the TV volume, I can route the S/PDIF back into the receiver.  But, I split the receiver HDMI out to a projector, and will lose the ability to watch the Roku on the big screen.  All this because I want to use the Roku remote to control the volume on the entertainment center.

It looks like the new Pro remote is heading back to Roku.  I can still use the original remote do everything but the volume.

0 Kudos