Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
azdksu

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Did the update and reset the remote- still not working. 

Model: 4660X- Roku Ultra

Software version: 10.0.0 build 4198-46

TV make: Philips

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Thanks Sooper.  That worked for me.   Going to the remote setup screen and then choosing to add a new device with the existing remote works!  No need to buy a new remote.   Just re-pair your current one.  Just so everyone knows I did run the latest system update but that alone did not resolve it.  So basically do system update then re-pair your remote. 

0 Kudos
tlcsingleton
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did that too. Didn't work either 😞

raspanther

Jump to solution

Remote control of TV power on and volume still not working after applying latest update,  Remote does power tv off.

-Roku device model...................................3921RW
-serial number...............................................YH0031015917

-device ID......................................................JG28A3015917
-software OS/version...............................10.0.0 Build 4195-91

-TV brand and model number...............Samsung model LT27B350ND/ZA

When resetting the remote, there are multiple channels that turn off the music with this model TV.  I tried multiple settings without success.

JCLloyd
Binge Watcher

Re[ Waiting... ]: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update?

Jump to solution

I still have not had anything happen with my unit... No response since their first 'want to help' response from three different people.  I am hoping that the staff is so busy working on resolving the issue that they have no time to tell us.

In the meantime, I got about 4 weeks use of the new rechargeable Pro remote before the volume section broke last Wednesday (5/19/21).  The original 2018 Game remote no longer works, either.

I am hoping that Roku works with me tomorrow (Monday).  If I have to buy a new streaming unit, I am thinking that I need to look at one of the other other options. I am hoping something works with my gear, besides my now-deprecated Harmony remote. 

0 Kudos
Baxa
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

When the heck is Roku going to back out if this upgrade going right back to the original version before this remote volume abs power broke?...

This is absolutely awful customer service!!!

Just back the f___ing this out NOW!!!

fettbo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Model 3920x serial YH00GD523507 Device ID K450DG523507 software 10.0.0 build 4195-91 Sony Bravia tv model KDL-40EX600

I have basic function with voice remote pro but no private listening, or volume control

0 Kudos
Glb1945
Channel Surfer

Re: Re[ Waiting... ]: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest updat

Jump to solution

I bought the fire stick 4k and it worked perfectly with my insignia tv.

JCLloyd
Binge Watcher

Re: Re[ Waiting... ]: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest updat

Jump to solution

Thank you Glb1945...  It is possible that if Roku did remove older devices from their database, buying a newer Roku Ultra will not resolve my/this issue.

I was looking at the Chromecast with Google TV, which also seems vague whether my receiver is in their database.  The recent announcement that AV1 format will soon be mandatory has me tossed. I'm trying to muddle along with the Harmony remote until I see mainstream streaming units coming out that support it.  And, my new rechargeable Pro remote is retired 4 weeks after it came in and I set it up... $30.  I guess I'll start the return process on it, after Monday.

Here's to hoping the Roku staff can quickly revert back to before Wednesday, May 19.

Jump to solution

-Roku device model: 4660X Roku Ultra
-serial number: YJ006T588091 (CK48A6588091)
-device ID: 91-205-630
-software OS/version: 10.0.0 Buils 419846
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-remote model: RC193
-TV brand and model number: Sony Bravia 

0 Kudos