Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pjbrady10
Reel Rookie

Two new Roku soundbars. Batteries being eaten!!!

Two soundbars.  Both bought about four months ago.  Each consuming two batteries a week. That’s 208 batteries a year.  I have 6 Rokus at other house and I’ve had Roku for years.  None of these have the battery issue.   Assuming my sound at lasts 5 years.   That means I’m going to consume 1040 batteries at a cost of $.83 per battery for a total cost of $863.  Seems excessive to spend $863 to use soundboard that cost me $300 total.  Plus the environmental impact that this is causing.  [personal information]

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Two new Roku soundbars. Batteries being eaten!!!

Hi @Pjbrady10

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku Soundbars associated with the affected remotes. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Pjbrady10
Reel Rookie

Can you lookup the two sound bars via my account? Email was provided.   Both are registered so you have the information already. They are located at our vacation house and we are not there today. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Pjbrady10

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pjbrady10
Reel Rookie

It’s been another 10 days without any progress or help.  will a twitter post get more responsiveness ?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Pjbrady10,

Thanks for following up.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and we are working on ways to better improve this process.

We'll have a member of our Support team follow up on this case. Rest assured that our Support we'll send you an update via email.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos