Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

TV remote to control volume on Soundbar

Hello

I have recently purchased a Samsung HW-T400 soundbar to use with my Hisense Roku TV - model R50A7200GTUK. I've connected it up with an optical cable and everything works great. There is an option to use the TV remote to control the soundbar volume which I can't get to work. I've followed the steps in the manual several times but unable to do it. 

I just wondered if anybody has this make or/and model of soundbar and if they've had any success in pairing it?

Thanks

Philip

3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TV remote to control volume on Soundbar

Sorry but it will never work, the soundbar option in the Roku tv settings is only for Roku soundbar/streamerbars or Roku Ready Soundbars.

Roku remotes only control tv volume, especially Roku tv remotes. If you want a single remote option it will have to be an aftermarket universal remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Michelle3
Roku Guru

As was stated in above reply, the Soundbar option is only for official Roku manufactured Streambars/Soundbars and Roku compatible Soundbars.  They don’t list the Samsung HW-T400 as compatible with Roku.  

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tivoburkee @Michelle3 Thank you for your replies. I understand what you mean by saying you can only pair Roku devices in the settings. However according to the soundbar manual you can pair a TV remote by pressing a certain button on the soundbar remote to toggle through some options. Despite trying a few times I guess its just not supported.

Also I've changed some of the audio settings to what I believe is suitable for my setup. I've connected the device via an optical cable. I've done the following:

Audio Output - OPTICAL

Digital Output Format - CUSTOM> DOLBY DIGITAL and DTS ON

Would you recommend these settings or am I best sticking with Auto?

Thanks

Philip

0 Kudos