Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kgbstrat
Reel Rookie

TV brand (Tyler) not showing on Roku 4K stick, but does on non-4k Roku stick.

Swapping Streaming Sticks around due to issues the 4k Streaming Stick freezing video (while audio still works). Moved the 4k stick to a small tv by brand Tyler. Non 4k stick that was on that tv shows Tyler in the list of brands when setting up the remote for TV control. The 4K stick does not have that brand listed. Is there a different brand I can use? Or another method to find a brand that works? Or how do I get the NEWER 4k stick to include a tv brand that is still being sold?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: TV brand (Tyler) not showing on Roku 4K stick, but does on non-4k Roku stick.

This is my question as well. I have a new Roku 4K stick. In setting it up with my Tyler (portable) TV, it asks me to configure the remote with the appropriate TV brand, so that I can use the remote to control the volume. But the Tyler brand is not listed among the hundreds of TV brands that are. I don't need my remote to control the volume, but I cannot finish the set up without completing this step, and there is no pathway to completing it. There must be some way do get out of the frustrating loop, but I cannot find it. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: TV brand (Tyler) not showing on Roku 4K stick, but does on non-4k Roku stick.

Hi @sbrownsparg,

Welcome to Roku Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Have you tried inputting a false answer to bypass the remote TV pairing? We received feedback from other users picking a fake selection, then pairing will fail, and you can choose to "do it later".

Please keep us posted on what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
kgbstrat
Reel Rookie

Confused how that would help answer the original post. I don't want to bypass the pairing. I want it to pair to this tv brand. Problem is, It doesn't list my tv brand, Tyler in the drop down selection on the 4k streaming stick (but non-4k models do!). 

The 4k model has an issue on another tv, but not on the Tyler which is why I want to use it on that tv. (separate issue). But frustrating that I cannot pair the Tyler tv with the 4k remote since it does not list that brand in the pairing menu

0 Kudos
rdlaub
Streaming Star

I am having the same issue. I purchased a Tyler TV to use with my Roku stick but the brand is not listed when I try to pair it. Does anyone have a suggestion?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@kgbstrat and @rdlaub 

My Ultra 4660, Premiere 3921, and the Express 4k+ 3941 all show Tyler in my list.  From this posting, looks like maybe just the 4k Streaming Sticks are still lacking this listing for some reason.

Unless you want to try another Roku device (other than the 4k Streaming Stick) with your Tyler TV, I think you will need to try the codes provided to you by @Tivoburkee in the other thread.   https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes/TV-brand-not-recognized-at-initial-setup/td-p/728039/page/6

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
rdlaub
Streaming Star

Thank you for your response.  It's odd that the streaming stick would not include a brand that is included in the Express 4K+.  I'm wondering if Roku could do a software update that would push that to the streaming stick 4k.