Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streaming Stick overheating

Jump to solution

Hi @TPFF,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If you see a message on the screen mentioning overheating, we would recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information regarding What to do if the red light is on or you see a “Your device is overheating” message | Official Roku ...

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
TPFF
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I read the linked page already and that's why I posted here. None of the suggestions help.

I paid £50 for the streaming stick approx' one year ago and can hardly use it because for some reason it started overheating several months in. It's not located near or on top of any warm device.

It's updated so that can't be the issue. It just freezes after a short while having been not in use sometimes for days/weeks and is never left plugged in when TV is off.

I have another Roku (1080p), and that's never overheated even though it's plugged into another TV. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TPFF,

Thanks for following up.

We'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email, they will continue assisting you from there and provide a resolution to this issue.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
TPFF
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well its been two days now and no one from the support team has contacted me.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TPFF,

Thanks for following up,

Our support team responded via email recently. Please check your email from our support team, they will be assisting you from there. I would also recommend checking for the email in your spam or junk folder if it's not in the inbox.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
TPFF
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

There's nothing from Roku in my inbox or junk mail.

0 Kudos
TPFF
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm still waiting for someone from the support team to contact me.

0 Kudos
TPFF
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

**UPDATE** Since being contacted by the support team I've been asked to provide shipping details on two occasions. I sent this and was asked again so sent it three times in total and am still waiting for a response. Why is this taking so long to be dealt with?

I can forward the ticket number if needed.

0 Kudos