Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JRGORDONSENIOR
Reel Rookie

Streambar very hot, larger Soundbar not at all.....

The Streambar (new this year) is hot to the touch whether it's in use or sitting for days. I've taken to unplugging it now when not on use as I'm concerned it might start a fire/explode. Conversely my longer/older Soundbar (different TV) is never even warm to the touch whether on or off. 
Any ideas?.....

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streambar very hot, larger Soundbar not at all.....

Hi @JRGORDONSENIOR,

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for reaching us.

We recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What to do if the red light is on or you see a “Your device is overheating” message | Official Roku ...

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JRGORDONSENIOR
Reel Rookie

Hi Mary F.....

I've never seen a red light on the front, its always white when the TV is on. Additionally I've never seen the onscreen message about the unit being hot. 
I just plugged it back in after 12 hours off and turned on a music station letting it play for about 30 minutes so far. It heats up on the bottom adjacent to the HDMI port. Been playing my larger(older) ROKU soundbar simultaneously in the other room and it's not even warm at the HDMI connection.
This streambar is 6 months old and I wouldn't have even known it was hot except I slid it over and felt the heat. May have been that way from new....
Order # 104493173
Model #9102X
SN: 2A11AA064364

JR Gordon

0 Kudos
JRGORDONSENIOR
Reel Rookie

PS: Should have added it sits on a countertop under the wall mounted TV with good ventilation. It's not in the sun ever..... 
JRG

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JRGORDONSENIOR,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email, they will continue assisting you from there and provide a resolution to this issue.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos