Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisquinze
Reel Rookie

Streambar remote won't control TV power

My new streambar remote won't control the power on my Hisense TV. I've tried numerous times to connect in the Roku settings, including selecting the Hisense brand and one or two others.

In the TV settings I've tried it with CEC on and off.

I've just had Sky and the Sky remote controlled the TV power ok.

Any ideas on what to try?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streambar remote won't control TV power

@chrisquinze 

When you go to configure the remote to control TV, does it identify as Hisense (your brand)?

Settings > Remotes & devices > Remotes > Voice Remote (in use) > Set up remote for TV control

Or do you have to select Change TV brand?

Sometimes, there are multiple settings for brands, since some brands use different IR code sets. When that's the case, and the first one isn't the setting that controls your TV, go through the setup again, and skip the first one, as if it didn't work.

Now, that assumes you've been through that setup and were not satisfied with the outcome. If you haven't been through the setup, do that.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
chrisquinze
Reel Rookie

Thanks, yes I've been through the setup. Initially it selects a different brand of TV. That didn't work so I manually selected Hisense, again that didn't work.

Worth try a number of other TV brands?

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

@chrisquinze  You can try getting the One for All Streaming remote. Just check your model number for compatibility. I use this remote to control my Samsung TV, Samsung Soundbar and Roku Ultra. Works great.

https://www.oneforall.us/universal-remotes/urc-7935-streamer-remote

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@chrisquinze 

Are you saying Hisense only had one setting? That is, when it asked if it turned volume off, did you tell it no and it didn’t present a second try?

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
chrisquinze
Reel Rookie

It asks if the TV was powered off and then you try again 3 times. None worked unfortunately

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

@chrisquinze then try the remote I suggested. What is the make and model of your TV? How old is it?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

@chrisquinze is obviously from the UK if they had Sky equipment. UK models many times use a completely different IR then the North American models of the same brand. UK Hisense Roku tv's remotes come with 0-9 keys on them, no NA Hisense come with that.

Anyways try LG or Vizio tv codes. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

@Tivoburkee  I did not know Sky was in the UK. This explains it. 

0 Kudos