Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seyon
Reel Rookie

Standard remote not pairing w tv

I have a standard remote & it’s not pairing. I have unplugged roku plug & removed batteries. No luck

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Standard remote not pairing w tv

@Seyon 

The Roku Simple Remotes don't pair to Roku devices. And none pair to TVs. (Well, the Voice Remotes can pair to a Roku TV, but based on what you've said, that's not applicable here.) So I'm not sure what it is you're trying to describe.

Tell us about your setup, what Roku device you have, and where things are going wrong.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Seyon
Reel Rookie

I have the roku express I believe that plugs in with hdmi. I lost the remote. I’ve bought replacements but how do I paid it? New remote does not have the button on remote

0 Kudos
renojim

If there's no button in the battery compartment or on the back then you just point it at the Roku and press a button.  There's no pairing involved.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
DBDukes

@Seyon wrote:

... I’ve bought replacements ...

If it's a Roku Simple Remote (it'll say that on the box) then as @renojim said, just put batteries in and it'll work.

If it's a third-party universal remote, make sure it supports Roku (not Roku TV, just plain Roku; there's a difference). And follow the setup instructions carefully to ensure it's configured for Roku.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

daveleich
Reel Rookie

useless.

0 Kudos