Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevengreg
Reel Rookie

Some RC Buttons Stop Working While Watching Live TV via Antenna

Up, Down, Left, Right, Select, Back, Replay, Play/Pause, Fast Forward and Rewind Stop Working after a few minutes of watching Live TV via Antenna. These buttons are completely disabled and do not work via the Roku App on my phone either. The Home button still works and when I get back to the Home Screen every button works as it should. All buttons work within all Apps and Menus except after watching Live TV via Antenna for an indeterminate amount of time. I did a full Factory Reset and the problem persists. Please, if anyone has any ideas let me know, Thank You!!!

Roku TV: 7116X

TCL Model: 43S515

Software Version: 11.0.0

Build: 4193- 30

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Some RC Buttons Stop Working While Watching Live TV via Antenna

contact the TV manufacturer here: https://support.tcl.com/contact-us

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @stevengreg

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps available in this Support link: How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working. If still no dice, please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

You can contact them here: TCL Support

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
LakeJeep

I bought a TCL and an Element Roku TV today. This exact problem is on both tvs. I am returning them both. To ask us to contact the manufacturer is not the problem and should not be the solution. I am returning both and purchasing a Fire TV. 

I did reach out to Roku twice and was asked to Chat. Roku discontinued my Chat after an extended wait for assistance. 

11/22/22

0 Kudos