Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MilesT
Roku Guru

Solution: Buying Voice Remote Pro in UK

Information for anyone in the UK looking to buy the Voice Remote Pro (not currently available in UK)

Amazon.com (yes, .com, not .co.uk) has stock available on sale, and a sensible shipping rate to UK, delivered within 2 weeks. Sold by Amazon, not 3rd party seller

Have just bought 2 for just over £29 each, fully landed UK price (shipping, VAT, credit card foreign exchange fee typically 3% on top, better than Amazon's exchange rate offer). Singles slightly more expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-Rechargeable-controls-listening-hands-free/dp/B0916RDGMD

Just log into Amazon.com with same details as you use for Amazon.co.uk.  you may need to add UK address/payment card at checkout.

Do check the option for "free plain packaging" to protect the item and avoid theft of a small, attractive item.

Based on my experience (and industry knowledge) likely to be delivered by Yodel, not Amazon Logistics (DPD was claimed on Amazon website but the brokering service used by Amazon, Ascendia, swapped the last mile delivery from DPD to Yodel). I know some people have bad experience with Yodel, but can't be choosy in this case.

Now if only the wireless speakers were available.....

FYI: @Tivoburkee finally got one!

Not a Roku employee
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Solution: Buying Voice Remote Pro in UK

@MilesT 

That's great, good to hear. Tell me if the 1 & 2 keys work in the UK? They don't work for people in Canada. I just received a replacement voice pro that came with Roku Stick 4K+ yesterday. The original one while it was plugged in for the  first time paired to my streambar, closest roku to it. Anyways the pairing button was sunken in, you couldn't depress any further so it stuck paired to streambar for good. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
MilesT
Roku Guru

@Tivoburkee 

Volume and mute buttons work just fine with UK/EU version of Streambar.

Will try some other devices in a week or so and update this post.

Was also able to configure the power button on my cheap Blaupunkt TV (dumb analogue PAL DVB-T/T2 FreeviewHD TV/IPTV with DVD).  Roku identifies as Sharp, which is another UMC brand (one of several, including several retailer "house" brands, e.g. Technika from Tesco). Was the 9th code variant I think, so it took a couple of minutes of button pressing.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

OK, I have misunderstood @Tivoburkee 's questions about personal shortcut buttons 1 and 2 which I think are exclusively a feature of VR pro. 

Reading the user guide, it seems these buttons only work for voice commands. 

I have precisely zero interest in voice commands. I have turned the Voice switch off already.

So I can't comment if personal shortcut buttons work outside the US or not.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

The homogeneity of Amazon is useful.  About 15 years ago, I bought something that was available on amazon.de, but not in the US, and the whole purchase experience was basically the same.  Shipping was a bit slower and more expensive, of course and you have to allow for any warranty support being different or possibly non-existent, but ~99% of stuff works so it's not too risky.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

I  bought British tv series from amazon.uk, like 4 seasons of Dalziel & Pascoe, two seasons Endeavour, one of Vera. And many others not available on over here.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

I did something similar a decade ago, bought the box set of Farscape to import to UK.  Wasn't available in the UK as a box set, and the series wasn't popular due to some strange scheduling decisions (across BBC and later series on commercial Channel 5).

Amazon is not my first choice of website, though, partly because at various points I have worked for competing retailers/websites, and partly because of how they treat warehouse people and sellers.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Further update: the "channel" buttons on the remotes I received are netflix, Disney+, apple TV, and Hulu.  3 useful in UK, one kind of not.

If there was ever a UK relevant version, I wonder if one of the buttons would be either Sky Store (Comcast's main satellite/streaming offer in the UK) or NowTV ("budget" version of Sky, also Comcast).

Not sure what is standard issue for other Roku in the UK at the moment, my 1 yo streambar came with Netflix, google play, rakuten, and Spotify.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
Andrew65
Reel Rookie

The homogeneity of Amazon is helpful. Around 15 years prior, I purchased something accessible on amazon.de, yet not in the US, and the entire buy experience was fundamentally something very similar. Delivering was a piece increasingly slow costly, obviously and you need to take into account any guarantee support being unique or conceivably non-existent, however ~99% of stuff works so it's not excessively unsafe.