Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobinraymoremo
Reel Rookie

Smart TV, Roku, Home Theater

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Streaming Stick 3800X bought in 2018 connected to a Samsung UN50MU630D Smart TV. Also connected to the Samsung is a DirecTV Genie HR54/500 and Panasonic SA-BTT404 BluRay Home Theater system.

Until a couple days ago I was able to control the sound of the Home Theater with the Roku remote, in fact the problem is actually worse. I cannot control the sound of the Home Theater with the Samsung Remote either when I was able to do this before.

How do I set up the Roku Remote to control the sound of the home theater? Maybe this will help me remember to get the whole thing working again.

TIA for any tips or advice!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Re: Smart TV, Roku, Home Theater

Jump to solution

HDMI-CEC may have been disabled or corrupted in your TV and/or BRHT - verify it is turned on in both (try toggling it off/on if it is already on) - try again.

Otherwise, turn everything off and disconnect power from AC completely for 3-5 minutes, then reconnect and power each device on completely in the following order:  1) BRHT 2) TV 3) Roku - try again

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

HDMI-CEC may have been disabled or corrupted in your TV and/or BRHT - verify it is turned on in both (try toggling it off/on if it is already on) - try again.

Otherwise, turn everything off and disconnect power from AC completely for 3-5 minutes, then reconnect and power each device on completely in the following order:  1) BRHT 2) TV 3) Roku - try again

0 Kudos
bobinraymoremo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That did the trick. I'll have to remember this unplug and wait method.

0 Kudos
DieselTech
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Whenever something electronic is not working properly the first thing to do is unplug it and wait at least 60 seconds 

0 Kudos