Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Simple remote not working

@alm_mbo 

And I forgot to mention, that barcode thing (829610003252) on the box packaging is called a UPC code, or in similar words, a Scanning Code. UPC stands for the Universal Product Code, which was established along with the Barcode Scanner in 1974. There’s another code format, called the ISBN, which stands for the International Standard Book Number, and was established in 1970.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
WeLoveCats

I had the same experience.  Today I purchased a Roku Express, but the simple remote doesn't work.   I have another system and the "simple" remote from the other set will work the new Roku.  I tried 3 sets of batteries and no luck with the brand new remote.  I paid $25 for the roku device + remote, I don't want to spend another $15 to replace a remote.  I've looked at this site and not place to report defective part.  Do I have to return to Lowes and return the entire box set.

Regards,
Michael

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @WeLoveCats,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

To resolve issues with your simple remote, start by looking for visible obstructions. The most common issue for a Roku simple remote is missed button presses, which happen when your Roku device is in a location where the remote signal is partially or fully blocked. Here are a few tips to ensure a clear path from your remote to your device:

• Always be sure you can see the front of your Roku device. When the device is powered on, you should see the status light on the front of the device.
  • Test your remote from various positions. Try holding your remote higher (e.g., above your head) and pointing it downwards at the front of your Roku device. Move the remote to the left and right, making sure it is always pointing directly at the front of your Roku device. If your Roku device becomes more responsive when testing from various positions, check that no obstructions are blocking the front of your Roku device or the signal from your remote. If possible, move your Roku device to a position where it responds more reliably.
  • Do not hide your Roku player. If your Roku player is attached to your TV with the included adhesive strip, move it to a position where the signal is less likely to be blocked. Do not install it inside a closed cabinet or behind your TV.

If you are still having any issues with your Roku remote after following these steps, please provide your Roku device's serial number so we can assist further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos