Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jessellen
Reel Rookie

Shutting off display screen on my 32 inch inch Sanyo Roku tv

Can I shut off display screen on my Sanyo Roku tv with a standard remote it doesn't have infered or pairin

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Shutting off display screen on my 32 inch inch Sanyo Roku tv

@jessellen 

All Roku TVs support the Roku Voice Remotes (which pair via WiFi Direct), as well as the TV manufacturers IR remotes (Sanyo, in your case).

There are at least two IR code sets used by Roku TVs. Roku uses a different code set for its devices (excluding sticks, which don't support IR), but those are not used by Roku TV manufacturers. So neither a Roku Simple Remote (IR) nor a universal remote set to Roku will work.

There are at least two code sets that the various manufacturers uses on the TVs they build. If you want to use a third-party IR TV remote, you would need to know which code set to look for. While I'm not help with that, a couple of other users that regularly offer support here are much more familiar with that. @Tivoburkee is one, and he may offer guidance as to which code set to look for on a universal IR remote.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos