Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RLChicago
Reel Rookie

Re: Screen is frozen on "Pair your remote" page on streaming stick 3810X

I have tried everything suggested online and in this forum. Nothing works. The serial number is 213035943707. Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RLChicago,

Thanks for following up.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you via email.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
dennoit
Reel Rookie

Hello, I have the same problem and came across this thread.  We recently received a Roku Streaming Stick+ 4K.  After plugging it in and connecting it to the HDMI port of our tv, when we add batteries to the remote, the screen remains frozen on the "Pair Your Remote" page.  We asked for a replacement which also had the same problem.  We also requested the HDMI extension cables from the Roku website, but those did not help either.  Not sure what to do now.  I can provide both serial numbers if that's helpful

0 Kudos
Kyjax
Reel Rookie

In my case, I had 6 Roku equipments, 4 sticks and 2 boxes and at some point the remotes got mixed up. I gave one of the sticks to my cousin with one remote. I do beleive I kept the wrong remote for that one stick. My cousin lives 3 hours away so swaping was not an option. After many hours of trial an error, I decided to buy a new remote specific to that stick and it worked fine. Not all remotes will work interchangeable. The hdmi extension cord sent by Roku actually gave me more trouble than it fixed. YouTube channel detects the extension as a recording device and the app wont work. My scenario is different from yours and this might not resolve your issue but be aware that swaping remotes may give you some trouble.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@dennoit

Thanks for the post.

When trying to pair your remote(s) to your Roku device, are you making sure to follow the instructions shown on screen?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dennoit
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I have followed the instructions on the screen, but nothing happens.  It remains stuck or frozen on the pairing screen for both units.  I have tried to reboot the Roku stuck itself, tried different sets of batteries on the remotes, tried placing the remotes next to the streaming stick, tried using the HDMI extenders, but nothing works and it keeps staying frozen on the pairing screen.  The serial numbers for the two units are:

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos

My sn is 2250D3675893 model 3810x

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@dennoit @Watsonangel

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
richrogan

I am having the exact same problem with my 3810X. SN# E437C7868316. The remote is iRC-AL2 and SKU #3226000360

Is this resolvable? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@richrogan

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos