Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssh
Reel Rookie

Re: Screen is frozen on "Pair your remote" page on streaming stick 3810X

I am having exactly the same problem. The screen stays at "Pair your Remote". I have changed batteries, reset the Roku stick and followed everything that has been suggested here. No luck. Can someone help pls?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @ssh 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried re-pairing your remote to your Roku stick? How about using or ordering a free extension cable as per my suggestion in my previous post? If by chance you haven't tried re-pairing your remote, feel free to visit this link for step-by-step instructions: How to resolve issues with your Roku® simple remote or Roku voice remote

You can also try using our Roku mobile app as a remote so you can still use your Roku. To know how it works, refer to this Support article: How do I install the Roku® mobile app?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ssh
Reel Rookie

I have tried re-pairing multiple times which includes resetting the stick as well as removing and replacing batteries in the remote. Every time it is stuck on the "Pair your Remote" screen. Have also installed the mobile app, but it does not detect the roku stick as an eligible device for selection.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@ssh

Thanks for the reply!

For further assistance, please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be found at the back or underneath the device itself.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ssh
Reel Rookie

The serial number of the roku stick is C13871819164

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@ssh

Appreciate the response.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Kyjax
Reel Rookie

Following up with this issue, in my specific case, I gave up and bought a replacement remote ( with pairing button ) and it worked. The 2" extension cable that I received from Roku to try to resolve this, gave me actually a new different problem. HDCP error while opening Youtube app. It was evident the problem was the cable because it will not happen if th stick was connected direclty to to TV. I hope your issue is resolved without having to buy a new remote!

0 Kudos
RLChicago
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem- tried all of the resets etc. Please help

0 Kudos
RLChicago
Reel Rookie

Do we finally get any answer to this???? Or wait for a DM??

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Hi @RLChicago

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried to reset the Roku remote? Are you using new batteries? Would you mind providing the serial number of your Roku device?

If your Roku simple remote or Roku voice remote is not working as expected, you can find troubleshooting tips for common issues, including how to pair and restart your voice remote.

For more information here is the link for you: How to resolve issues with your Roku simple remote or Roku voice remote

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos