Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Screen is frozen on "Pair your remote" page on streaming stick 3600

@zuker11 

Thanks for the post.

As stated in my previous post, we would recommend taking a look a the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you are still not able to resolve issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
zuker11
Reel Rookie

have tried all of the troubleshooting tips with same result. still stuck on pairing screen.  same result with different roku remotes.

[personal information removed]

Model 3810X

S/N 213011720900

Thanks

0 Kudos
Frandant
Binge Watcher

I have the same problem with my Roku Streaming Stick 3500CA. The stick works perfectly but the remote seems dead. Does anyone fix these remotes? When I bought a new Roku extended remote for my 3500CA (2nd generation, 2014 model), the devices would not pair. I was told all extended remotes would work with any stick. On the rare occasion that I can pair this new remote to my stick, none of the buttons work. Does anyone have a list of remotes that work with the 3500CA?

0 Kudos
Frandant
Binge Watcher

I was mistaken. It never pairs. The pairing window on the screen comes on and goes off repeatedly, but the devices never pair because the green light on the remote never stops flashing green.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Sorry there is no replacement remote for the purple roku stick 3500, if there was it would cost about $20. You can buy a new roku with IR remote that can easily be replaced if lost for $30. The 3500 is just not worth putting anymore money after it is too old.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@zuker11 

Thanks for the post.

For future reference, as I requested in my previous post, please send me personal information through a PM. We highly recommend not posting personal information in a public area.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bwauldron
Reel Rookie

Screen is frozen on "Pair your remote" page on streaming stick 3810X

Stick has been intermittent since purchase.  Tried trouble shooting page and bought new remote even and is always stuck on pairing screen.  Light on both remotes stays green.  I suspect stick is the problem but cannot access anything on it....to fix it. Light on stick just flashes continually

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Screen is frozen on "Pair your remote" page on streaming stick 3810X

@bwauldron

Thanks for the post.

As a last effort, have you tried performing a factory reset on your Roku device to see if you are can setup and pair your remote? For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bwauldron
Reel Rookie

No way to factory reset a streaming stick or remote.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@bwauldron

Thanks for the post.

On the Roku streaming stick, there should be a small pin hole labeled with Reset. As stated in my previous message, we would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos