Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pepperdee

RokuTV from 2015's remote died, are new remotes compatible?

I have an Insignia Roku TV manufactured in March 2015. A few months ago, my remote started going out, until it eventually died completely. Switching out batteries doesn't work at

I want to know if a new, simple remote would be compatible with this TV. I also want to know if my TV not being connected to WiFi would be a problem--I no longer have the internet it was connected to so the app is out of the question, and...well, my remote is dead.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: RokuTV from 2015's remote died, are new remotes compatible?

The simple remote sold by Roku WILL NOT WORK, it is only for Roku Standalone streamers that take IR commands like the express. You can buy a cheap universal remote like the Onn 6 universal, sold out at walmart but is available on ebay:

onn 6 universal remote: Search Result | eBay

Look for ones with white keys, not more rounded remote. 

You can get wifi voice remote from walmart or best buy, you don't need internet to pair the remote to your tv. It uses wifi but its own it doesn't need wifi in your house. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
FastFurious
Roku Guru

Re: RokuTV from 2015's remote died, are new remotes compatible?

@pepperdee   Download the Roku remote control app for your smartphone. But here is a link from Amazon for your remote 

Gvirtue NS-RCRUS-17 Universal Remote Control Replacement for Insignia Roku TV Remote All Insignia Roku Smart LED TV (Model Year 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RXQWB3G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_TYWD36BAMSXR3P41FXSE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

0 Kudos