Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ram1500
Channel Surfer

Roku ultra remote blinking green and battery icon popping up on tv every few seconds.

Roku ultra remote blinking green and battery icon popping up on tv every few seconds. Reset remote, restarted Roku ultra, hard/factory reset ultrA box, unplugged ultra box, unplugged tv, repaired remote countless times , and charged remote multiple times and icon still popping up with remote control battery full icon and remote still blinking . System is just under 3 months old. 

29 REPLIES 29
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku ultra remote blinking green and battery icon popping up on tv every few seconds.

Hi @Ram1500

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If your Roku Ultra remote is blinking green and the battery icon is popping up on your TV every few seconds, it may be indicating a low battery level or a connectivity issue between the remote and your Roku Ultra device. Here are a few things you can try:

• Replace the batteries in your remote with fresh ones. A blinking green light on the remote often indicates low battery power, and replacing the batteries can help fix the issue.
  • Check the connectivity between the remote and the Roku Ultra device. You can try moving closer to the device or resetting the connection by pressing the reset button on the back of the remote.
  • Try restarting your Roku Ultra device. Sometimes restarting the device can help reset any connectivity issues.
  • Reset your Roku Ultra remote. You can reset the remote by pressing and holding the pairing button on the back of the remote for at least 3 seconds. Then release the button and wait for the remote to restart.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Ram1500
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku ultra remote blinking green and battery icon popping up on tv every few seconds.

Remote is rechargeable and has been recharged multiple times . Battery icon that is blinking on tv starts as  full battery, but dies quickly , seems as if it’s a pairing issue. Unable to change batteries etc since it is a rechargeable voice remote.  I’ve restarted the ultra device and hard reset it with button underneath with no luck. I’ve also tried repairing remote several times with same issue occurring. Device set up is less than 3 months old. Steadily blinking, battery not lasting a day now , and battery icon pops on tv every 3 seconds.  

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ram1500,

Thanks for following up.

We understand you are having difficulties with your Roku Voice Remote Pro and we're sorry if you are having this issue.

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device that is paired with the remote so we can assist further.

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
rdcrds4
Channel Surfer

I am having the same kind of issue. Just tonight after a month of working pretty good the battery remote keeps showing on the TV every few seconds. I charged the remote i rebooted the system and i paired the remote. It blinks green and the battery indicator shows full on the TV. Weather it is full or not i have no idea but i am back to the smart tv until someone figures this out cause it is not watchable like this.

rdcrds4
Channel Surfer

Also the remote is responsive and shows 90% full of battery. But if you're scrolling channels all of a sudden it will stop and then the remote blinks green a few times fast and then the remote control comes on the tv on and off every few seconds. It is like it is not responsive for a few seconds and then the remote control indicator comes on screen every few seconds. If i reboot it stops for a few minutes then starts again. The remote is like a few feet away from the roku and the tv. This just started to happen 

rdcrds4
Channel Surfer

I am having the same issue. The battery goes down faster i think cause it is constantly blinking. But not being able to get a hold of anyone at Roku is just not acceptable.

Ram1500
Channel Surfer

Agreed. Remote was great during 3 months, then exact same issues as everyone is describing. I ordered a cheap one click type remote from Amazon and no more battery icon . Hated to have to buy a cheap knock off remote, but I wanted a quick solution . 

rdcrds4
Channel Surfer

Did you factory reset the device? I hate to do it but that is what chat told me to do. If i do that i have to log back into my accounts.

0 Kudos
Ram1500
Channel Surfer

Yes , I tried that with no luck . And it did keep the apps that I needed, but I did have to log in to a couple.